I love where we live. Everytime I look out a window I feel like grabbing a camera. Maybe Fall is my favorite season... The leaves are just starting to turn and we've had comforatable days this week. I've taken time to collect acorns into a giant pile with the kids, find leaves as big as their faces, look for leaves with as many colors as possible on one leaf, lie on the ground and look up through the turning leaves at the clear blue sky... lovely moments. I've also scraped dog poo off shoes, pushed the swing, and kissed a lot of injuries.
I watched a big tough man cross the street today. He was covered in piercings and tattoos and didn't look terribly friendly. He looked both ways carefully before he stepped off the curb. In that second I thought of him as a little boy, with a mom holding his hand teaching him to look both ways. He is somebody's baby boy. And he probably is friendly.
I stopped next to a big city bus. The bus driver was a beautiful woman. Short silver hair and sparkly earrings. I wonder if when she was 35 she drove a van and rushed kids all over creation... then they grew up and she needed to keep taking people places.
We were driving down Main Street past this lovely little church with a statue on the corner. Lily shouts, "HEY! there is Jesus out my window!" This made me chuckle all day. (Oh, and I think it was actually Mary... locals am I right?)
The shopping cart we used at Target the other day had a ton of trash in the basket that I had to empty before I put the kids in. All empty boxes:Tums, Bean-o, Pepto Bismol, Imodium, Gas-X extra strength, and Mylanta. All of those empty boxes/packages!!! I used wipes and hand sanitizer to clean the cart... Hope that person made it home quickly!
6 years ago



4 comments:
I just love how you think. I miss you, friend!
I am totally with Darren & Chrissy! My sentiments exactly! I DO love how your mind thinks and the positive way you look at life. You are an amazing blessing in my life -- and in the lives of your precious children. Attitude is EVERYTHING, and yours inspires me to choose a path that remains positive. I love you to pieces, and feel blessed to be your Mom. Just wish you could feel the big hug I have for you every day!
This was really good Melissa. I actually teared up just a tad at the tough guy crossing the street. You are a good writer.
I really like your random thoughts...thanks for letting us into your smart mind for a few moments!
Post a Comment