In past visits they have built this:
The worlds best deck and amazing swingset!They have also helped us plant flowers, put in all new appliances, made us Thanksgiving dinner, decorated for Christmas, and many other helpful things! We love it when they come to see us! :)
This time we kept them busy as usual! On the second trip to Home Depot I decided we should start documenting... I lost count how many trips there were. (aren't they terrific sports to take photos at Home Depot!?) I think Home Depot is Dads Happy Place. I have the worlds most awesome new toilet seat (only wish it came with a trainer for Hank), and shiny new faucet with a soap dispenser, and new face plates on outlets all over the house! Also, they put up wainscoting in my kitchen where my chairs have been ruining the wall. Nice! I'm excited to do some painting.
This time we kept them busy as usual! On the second trip to Home Depot I decided we should start documenting... I lost count how many trips there were. (aren't they terrific sports to take photos at Home Depot!?) I think Home Depot is Dads Happy Place. I have the worlds most awesome new toilet seat (only wish it came with a trainer for Hank), and shiny new faucet with a soap dispenser, and new face plates on outlets all over the house! Also, they put up wainscoting in my kitchen where my chairs have been ruining the wall. Nice! I'm excited to do some painting.
We made time to play though. For Idahoans a trip to the chip factory was a must! I love Herr's! I'm brand-loyal. Our tour guide was sweet and the tour was interesting. I always learn something new. Plus, nothing beats potato chips hot off the line--- they are wonderful! In this picture of Michael and my Dad, Dad just told him to get an education or he might end up becoming a pretzel packer... Michael said, "You don't have to worry about me Papa, I'm going all the way." However, the next day during their Home Depot run, he told Papa that the 2 languages he wants to learn are Yiddish and Dutch. This makes me laugh again just typing it. LOL!
Saturday Michael was involved in his schools Destination Imagination Tournament. We decided to make a day of it and drive a little further to Mount Vernon. It was VERY COOL. I'm so glad we went. The weather was perfect and we learned a lot. As we walked in Lily saw a huge statue of G. W. and said, "Henry, that looks like the dude on the coins." (She is all about using the word "dude" lately...) She was fascinated by the mansion though and pointed it out on her map, her stamp, and the smooshed penny they gave her as we left--- but when I asked her who lived there she told me Jesus! I think we got it straightened out. Maybe...
There is a great museum at Mount Vernon. Walking through it and reading all about George Washington left me feeling so grateful. He was a remarkable man. I feel so thankful to live in a country with such amazing Founding Fathers. I didn't realized many facts about George's life-- his father died when he was young, he wasn't well educated, he had to grow up fast and worked hard all his life. He was a red head! His teeth started falling out at the young age of 22. How painful! I'm thankful for tylenol and root canals. He was a "techy", always interested in the newest technology.We had a great visit with Nana and Papa. We miss them already!



7 comments:
A wonderful post, Melissa! I loved seeing all the photos and reading about your projects & trips. You all look so wonderful. . . and I'm missing you like crazy! Thanks!
Tell him to throw in German and he will be an excellent PhD candidate with Yiddish and Dutch :)
Michael is so handsome! Jane, Eve and Lily are so beautiful! Henry is so kissable! Oh! This makes me miss you all so much!
When can your dad come visit me? I have a basement that needs to be finished.
I love it! I always have a Honey Do list for my dad when he comes to visit. It keeps him busy and out of trouble. haha
Awesome post, what a great report of their visit. I love the wainscoting and I especially love helpful visitors.
I can't get over how fast your kids are growing. I can't stand it. So glad we will get to see you (in your natural habitat) this summer!!!
We miss you all.
What fun times! I've seen and heard about wainscotting. So chairs don't mess it up like they do the painted wall. I'm trying to figure out a solution to that here. We miss HERR'S!! No one make a good salt and vinegar chip like Herr's.
Oh my goodness, what sweet parents to help out so much when they come. Looks like a lovely visit.
Post a Comment