Here are links for the October crafts. I made the cute jars with the kids last year, they were so fun and easy. It was fun to pull them out this year and hear the kids telling which was theirs. I love when they have ownership in a project like that! I made them at the kitchen table with my 5 kids and 3 extra kiddos all 10 and under-- so they must be easy! :) Here is the link. Oh wait, she just shows pictures, no directions! Oops. Her pictures are fun though. You simply modge podge strips of tissue paper to the outside of a jar. It is fine if it isn't perfect, ours have bumps bubbles and even a tear or two. After it is dry you modge podge the face on. I will say they could probably use a coat of some varnish type something, they were a bit sticky this year when I pulled them out of storage.
The rolled flowers are all over, and mine aren't the cutest, but the girls were happy with them and they'll be worn plenty this month! Is there any other time of year you wear orange and black? Here is a link for how to make them.
6 years ago



3 comments:
I still think they are so so cute!
fun. thanks! Tomorrow with my achievement girls we're making those singed satin flower barrettes. Sally showed me how. Her RS was going to do them at enrichment nite.
Wow.. simpler than it looks. Hmm... I'd love to try this!
Post a Comment