Big weekend for Michael. First temple trip, to Washington DC, first time passing the Sacrament at church, first time giving the youth talk during Sac Meeting. All events were awesome. He rocks. :)
I married a rock star. Really. He spent a long time getting Lily's bike working, with her talking to him the whole time... like 2 hours? She adores her Daddy and so do I.
Can you believe that grungy face? The other night I was tucking Henry into bed and he didnt' want to go. So he started crying "Ouch, Ouch!!! You are hurting me!!!" When I asked what hurt he said "My feewings! Owwwwww, My feewings huwt!" I laughed.
He also has been trying a new tactic to get what he wants. It starts out like this "Say YES mommy!" "Huh? Say yes to what?" louder "Say YES MOMMY!" "What do you want Henry?" even louder "JUST SAY YES MOMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :) It makes me laugh. He tries so hard.
Last of all, in the world of funny Henryisms, he has decided when I say something he doesn't like that I'm saying "bad words". So, if you hear him saying "My mommy hurts me and she says bad words".... take him with a grain of salt. Please?
6 years ago







6 comments:
So happy to hear the weekend update! Michael really did have a "red-letter" weekend for sure! I am sure it was a memory making time for all of you. Nice to see David outdoors doing this daddy stuff for Lily. I'll be she can get him to do anything! She's such a delight! And that little brother of hers: He has YOU wound around his little finger just fine! Teach him my favorite word poem. . . you know, "There is one word, my favorite . . . etc" Love you all!
Oh that Henry, he sounds so FUNNY!!!! I can't wait to meet him someday!!! Congrats to Michael...that is awesome!!! What a big guy he is...!!
Congratulations to Micheal! What a fantastic weekend! By the way, how tall is he?!?
Henry sounds so much like Meagan! She is a pro at "Just say yes, Mommy!". It is the perfect preface to any request... She has found it is most effective when Mommy is somewhat distracted with a phone call or another conversation or something. Sometimes she doesn't even want to bother me with the actual request... "Just say yes, Mommy!" and she'll take care of everything...
That is hillarious.
Love the updates! Henry sure must be a cutie, and full of spunk! Way to go Michael! What a busy, exciting weekend for him. It made me emotional thinking my boys are getting to that age too (well at least one, but when it starts, it snowballs from there)! How does that happen? How can Michael be 12? Thanks for sharing!
Melissa - I was just reading through some comments on Clover Lane and saw your picture and thought to myself, "I think I know her." So I hope you don't feel like I'm stalking you, I'm just wondering if you are the same Melissa Austin that lived in Eugene, Oregon? Wow that seems like a long time ago. You have a darling family!
Melissa Stringham
Post a Comment