Saturday, May 24, 2008

Dance School Pride





Jane began dancing at a new "Dance School" this year. Back when I was a girl, I don't think where I danced was considered a "school", but this, this was a school. Mrs. Really-long-Italian-Last-Names' school of Dance in fact. And Mrs. RLILN is a wonderful little 4'10" 85 year old fireball who rules with an iron fist. (kind of brought back the Julie Stevens dreams!) Anyway... Back in November Miss T. pulled me aside as I was picking the girls up one Friday night and informed me "Jane is good, I mean Really Good. We are So glad to have her at RLILN School of Dance. She is an asset to our class."
Notice her extension? And she can Shake it too!

I admit, I was beaming. BEAMING with pride. I know for a fact that I smiled the entire 30 minute drive home. Proud for 2 reasons. Firstly, that Jane is good. She never.stops.dancing. So it is good that we may be able to channel this "energy". Secondly, I was Beaming-- Proud because, I used to be a dancer. Dear little old me, who now only dances in the kitchen. And, to top it off, I resisted the urge to tell Miss T. "Yeah, She gets it from me. I danced in college." :) Great restraint I tell you, great restraint.




Me Dancing in a High School Gym in 1992...


I'm throwing this photo out there because my eye make up is a riot. Laugh at me, I did.



Janey's Dance Demonstration was this week. She took it very very seriously. I loved watching her, knobby knees and double jointed elbows... She is beautiful.



ps, if you want me to send you the video, email me (or leave it in the comments!) I don't want to post it because you can see her classmates and I hesitate to put someone else's child "out there" on the WWW.

5 comments:

Sally said...

Yay!! Melissa blogs!!

I loved this post and I definitely want the video. Loved the pictures of you from your GG days. And that Janey is so dang cute.

Emily said...

This is such a great post--Janey is so adorable and happy. What a great little dancer! I loved your photos from HS, awesome makeup. I remember getting in line for the makeup before a Julie Stevens' performance (I was in "Stars") there was the blush line, and the lipstick line, and the lipstick line had the fingernail-polish stuff that you painted on top of the lipstick so it wouldn't come off--but nowadays they have better lipstick.

Anyway...the memories! So, is Janey going to keep going to the same "school"? I loved how you described her dance teacher. ;-)

Kristen said...

Fabulous! I love reading about your kids and hope you will blog about them tons and tons! I love the pictures...all of them. Weren't you just the hot number in HS?! You had it all, the hair, the make-up, the sequins!

Jane, what a doll. I love her toothy grin with the little gaps. She is such a darling girl and I would love love love to see her dance.

YAY! I'm so glad you are blogging! It is a treat for me!

Robin said...

It's not the eyes but the lips that really got my attention. Please email me the video. i would love to go to one of Jane's performances.

Yay! I am so glad you blog!

Linda Austin Hart said...

Melissa this is great!
I love the photo of Jane,and am going to email you some photos I came across last week of Emily at the same age and of Sally when they were in Stars. Sooo cute!

And somewhere I think I might have a short video of you & GGirls performing at Capital HS. It will take some serious searching to find however.

Please send me the video of Jane's performance!

I'm so glad you have a blog. As soon as David has time & the url thing is worked out I will have a link on my blog to yours!

Now it's Emily's turn!