Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Comparison.

I know you are not supposed to compare. Every child does their own thing at their own time... all is good right? Early, late, fast, slow, chatter box, strong-silent type... I have learned by now it all works out in the end (at least up to age 10, after that I'm clueless).

However, it is hard not to notice the differences! Here is a glimpse of Henry. Pretty much how he rolls. Grunts, says a handful of words- truck, drink, truck, juice, truck, choo choo, mama, truck, rock, truck, choo choo, stick, truck.... no phrases, smiles and runs away... (notice the fists full of rocks...)




Here is Janey, at 20 months old. She was something else. Squishy too! And Oh, so cute!




I was thinking today that when Michael was Henry's age Jane was a month old... and when Jane was Henry's age Eve was a month old! When Lily was Henry's age Henry was a few weeks old. How on earth did I manage? I can't imagine having a newborn right now, Henry is such a busy toddler! (I do remember though, we tied all the chairs to the legs of the table so that Janey couldn't pull them over to the counter and help herself to whatever was up high.... she was busy too!)

9 comments:

Nope said...

HE IS SOO CUTE...REALLY A HAM!!!

Darren and Chrissy said...

I remember Janey at that age. Time flies by! I love Henry and his hands full of rocks. Brady's are full of cars all of the time. And I love the new picture at the top of your blog. You look beautiful!

Sally said...

OH, more videos, please! They are both so precious! Delicious!

And thank you for the excellent idea of tying the chairs to the table--Laine is a climber and nothing is working to deter her.

Laura said...

Parley walked in as I was playing Jane's song and he thought it was Kate. They're both adorable, now and then.

Love your new picture too!

Kerren said...

Both videos are so charming! Sometimes don't you just wish you could "freeze a phase" and keep them just the way they are at that moment? O.K. there also might be some other moments when you want to "fast forward." Either way, so loveable and precious.

Robin said...

I love your kids. SO sweet. How do you sit at the table with the chairs tied to it?

Danielle Bruening said...

Olivia had to watch each video over and over again til I finally said "last time!" She loved the "baby temple song" and "the cheese." Your kids are so cute! Is the pic at the top of your blog from Valley Green in Philly? My apartment was right on the edge of that park!

Lórien said...

First off - LOVE Fair Hill - your pic is gorgeous! At least I'm assuming that's where it is......I think I can spot that covered bridge anywhere. Ok, now for my comment :-)

20 months! Amazing. Little Henry is adorable. 20 months? All I can say is WOW!

The Crew said...

So Cute! Wish we could hug all of you! Darling baby faces! We miss you! -The Olsen Crew