Saturday, February 26, 2011

Christmas decor that made me laugh.


I'm slow on the December posts... things were busy!
So, the giant frosty on the fridge was kind of fun, especially when it warned the family of what my mood was... not sure who was sending out the red flags to the rest of the family, but they were pretty accurate.

I also appreciated some very modest person in our family who consistently turned around all the villagers each time they used the bathroom. Nobody 'fessed up to this one either, but it made me smile. :)
This is the one that makes me laugh the most.  Have you heard of that charming book "Elf on a Shelf"? It comes with a cute little elf that you move all through the house every day and it watches the children and reports back to Santa. Well, we didn't need a book because we have this dandy little elf... but then, Dave put her hanging above the dining room table.  Every time I glanced up I instantly saw the poor elf pole dancing. Is it just me?

6 comments:

KDub said...

hahahahahahahahahahahaha

karen said...

I love the fridge~ Did you make the magnets yourself?

Ditto on the pole dancing elf ;) I thought the same thing!

Robin said...

Very funny!

Melissa said...

Karen, I did! I just used fun foam and magnets... they were really sturdy. :)

Linda Austin Hart said...

Love the frig idea! backwards village people. funny. And i recognize that elf!

Katie said...

all of this is great. I love the people turned away in the bathroom. I've randomly thought of them since I first read the post. It really cracks me up!