Or maybe it isn't fog. Maybe it is baby induced euphoria. :)
Welcome Sweet Baby Gideon Bennett.
Bennett (we settled on calling him his middle name after 4 weeks of alternating Gideon/Bennett/GB/Awesome. Yes, Dave just called him Awesome.) came into this world peacefully on January 31st. It was probably our most calm, mellow, peaceful labor/delivery. He was 9 lb 1 oz and 21 inches long with a little bit of reddish fuzz. Such a cute and alert baby!
My labor was longer than we had expected (like you can plan? I tried.) and Dave ended up bringing the kids to the hospital around their normal bedtime. When they came in, they were so excited to meet their baby brother. There was a spirit of reverence in the room though. It was calm and quiet (especially for 5 kids!) and very very special. Bennett had bright eyes and stared intently at each little face. It was as if he was recognizing them and very familiar with their voices. So precious.
At one point Henry looked at me and said, "Mommy, I kind of feel like I LOVE him!" What a precious thing. What an amazing thing that a little boy could instantly love, and recognize that feeling. We are so blessed.
6 years ago



2 comments:
Bennett is darling. So sweet. You are really blessed. I wish we lived closer! I am glad you are blogging again! Love you.
This is wonderful, Bennett is so beautiful, and all your children are so sweet. I love them all! I love Henry's expression of love!
Post a Comment