
How does the rest of that go? "But Together we have it all"?
I remember a few years and a couple of kids ago... sitting in Sunday Meetings thinking "Look at us! The girls have on matching dresses, ruffly socks, cute shoes, darling big bows in their perfectly sponge rolled curls. Michael has on a coordinating shirt and tie... Dave looks sharp and handsome, the books in my matching diaper bag are themed Spring (or maybe Christmas, or autumn... whenever it was, they were coordinated). You would never know that I had to dig socks for all of us out of the dirty clothes hamper--- and that the kitchen counters are piled with dishes and the table is sticky. We look like we have it all together!"
Just this week I finished off that thought (yes, many of my thoughts take years to complete...) I was driving the kids to school and realized that my charming oldest son had a serious red mustache and beard from his strawberry flavored Rita's Water Ice the night before. (If you've never had a water ice, come to Delaware, I'll treat!) Of course, I had left the 75 lb diaper bag (equipped with the kitchen sink and wipes) at home... and we had used the last of the Wendy's napkins from the glove box on a runny nose the day before... Then, I look in the rear view mirror and see the boy spit-washing his own face and the girl cheerfully helping him get all the spots...and they were both smiling, and it occured to me--
Together we have it all.

But, still, call before you drop in.



8 comments:
Love this post. Lily in the first picture is so yummy. Look at her sweet little face! gobble gobble.
The second picture is my favorite, and it still just gets me that Henry knew to make a silly face. It is such a shame you're not in that photo because it would be a great Christmas card photo!
Together you really do have it all.
This is such a great post--I love the description of you at church, and then the behind-the-scenes true story. ;-) Ruffly socks? Wow. Love that. ;-)
D'oh! I was being serious in the picture. I guess the kids take after me.
note: In case there's any question whenever we do have it all together the kids are taking after Melissa. But then, that goes without saying.
You do have it all! At least all of the stuff that is really important to have. We love you guys!
Melissa!
I didn't know you had a blog! I have spent the last 15 minutes taking a walk kown memory lane and missing you gyus so much! Your kids look exactly the same- just older. (Imagine that!) Oh how I miss you! Henry is delicious. I will check your blog every week. I love you!
Chrissy
you are tagged.
I love reading about how you have it all together, and together you have it all! I love your family!
I don't know if my mom commented yet but she said she's going to say I couldn't stop laughing even after the last one. Personally, that's true! actually the last one was the funniest! Just kidding! I liked the Hitler Stash and the Handle Bar Stash though.
Post a Comment