Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Working Backwards

Clearing the memory card getting ready for the first day of school next week... sob, whimper. Here are the recent pictures...




Today I had a baby shower at my house. Sweet Baby Pierce is so precious and it was joyful to have a house full of women and their children celebrating him and his amazing momma. The kids and I made this diaper cake, very fun! I thought it turned out cute.

Lily decided the floor was clean enough to eat off. Plus all the chairs in the house were taken, it was a full house. Yummy cake made by Wendy the famous cake maker. Chocolate Pistachio. Yum.Yesterday we ran to Wal-Mart. I think pushing this limousine style cart with 4 kids bouncing on and off is like pushing a moving circus. The woman at the check stand is my new best friend. She saw us coming and said, "Hooray, it is my favorite kids. These are the best kids I ever see at our store." I suppose I should be alarmed that the Wal-Mart lady recognizes us, but I'm not because she made me feel happy. Plus notice Lily's chubby little arm around Michael's back? Sweet.

On Sunday the kids sang in Sacrament meeting as part of a special Musical number. They sang Child of Promise, it was beautiful and I was proud of them. I made a video, (during the practice, not Sac Meeting.) If you want to see it, let me know and I'll email it. I'd post it, but a friends kids are on it and I'm all weird about putting somebody elses kids on the blog. :)


Lastly. Henry. :) Just.so.cute. If you don't know where he is, go straight to the piano, he'll be there. He is our budding musician. He dances too. Charming.

12 comments:

Sally said...

Oh HENRY! So cute that I have to keep going back to look again. You could not make anything about him more perfect. Good job, David and Melissa. :)

Lily looks so grown-up in that first picture. She looks like a 5-year-old. I don't know why. And she looks just like you in the family photos in front of your house. (love those photos).

Please send the video, of course their doting aunt and adoring cousins want to see. :)

Lórien said...

LOVE the diaper cake - very cute. Your kids are so adorable!

Maren said...

Henry is so cute. I can't get enough of seeing pictures of him. Since I was not able to see your kids perform, I would love a video of it. So fun.

Anonymous said...

Goodmorning!
I LOVED every single photo. So preci"ous and adorable. I'm glad the shower was such fun. . . the place to be, for sure! Keep Henry at the piano -- he has lots of promise, and just look at that smile! Please add me to your video list, of course. Have a great day! We love and miss you all like the "dickens!"
Mom

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

amazing looking diaper cake...the prettiest one i've ever seen. and love the wal mart story....and how fun to see your kids sing together at church

Robin said...

The Sunday outfits are beautiful! You take such good care of your kids. I bet seeing your family makes the walmart lady's day. Make sure you stand in her line even if it is long.

I miss you!

Robin said...

And - send a video.

Sally said...

I'm glad the shower was fun - miss my days free when I could go to all those things! What great photos of your kids - they always look so nice in their coordinated outfits - love it!!! I'd love for you to email the video - I had tears as we sang the song so I'd love to see how it sounded. Thanks!
Newark Sally

Anonymous said...

Your kids are always so well behaved, unlike mine. When we get in the Walmart lines the ladies just turn out thier lights and tell me they are closed. Just kidding, but you do have addorable kids.

Jay and Stephanie Adams said...

OK, so I'm so glad you're saying the same thing as me that "aren't we supposed to be past this stage??" (with possible job changes) I keep telling my girlfriend lately that I'm pretty sure I didn't know life was supposed to be like this or I don't think I would have signed on for this. That's when I'm in my low feeling of holy cow, what are we doing? But, still. Anyway, I'm also glad that someone else gets so "into" coordinating their kids for church. I don't know why, but I love it and it makes me feel a little better when I look down the pew at them, even though it's been chaos getting them out the door, lots of fits or fights (depending on the day) and there are unmade beds and too many dishes in the sink because I got too industrious and thought a major Sunday breakfast would be nice. It's a thing, I guess. But if it makes us and get you through the day then go for it I say.

Paige said...

That cake is really cool, but the pic of your kids is beautiful!

Linda Austin Hart said...

I want to see that video!
loved the photos and have them saved to my screen saver