Hagley is located along the Brandywine river, it is where E.I. duPont founded his gunpowder works. They have lots of hands on exhibits for kids, everything from simple machines and gunpoweder demonstrations, to the Sunday School where the kids practiced writing with quills.

We took a tour of this beautiful house, complete with beautiful china and crystal, eagles throughout, and a dumbwaiter. Cool! It was all fun and games. Till it started to rain. Some of you (Dad, Bev, Mom, Bruce) have been here when it rains. It doesn't sprinkle. Well, it does. But when it decides to rain, it RAINS! And today, it RAINED. We were soaked. Happy though!
Thanks for taking us along Roberts family! We loved it. Man, we got a lot of Bang for our buck ($1 Thursdays!). Get it? Bang? Munitions? Man, I'm a laugh a minute. :)



6 comments:
Hi Austin family,
I just phoned you to see how your day went today. I was so happy to view the "field trip" report here on your blog so promptly! Thanks for making such a great review. Cute photos, and lots of things to see. Loved that rainy day photo! Drenched! I'll call for an audio version soon. Love you all!
Mom/Grammie
How cool is that! Very awesome.
This looks awesome! I would love to do this with Aus and Rock and with you and your kids.
I love all the neat things there are to see and do in a close radius on the East coast.
That looks really fun. I love the soaked picture! And all the other pictures too. It looks like you had a blast.
What a fun little adventure! It is so nice to find fun new field trips and mini vacations right in your own "neighborhood!"
Thanks for sharing the great photos! We love you all!
this is my 3rd attempt to post a comment here...I'm having problems when I click publish.
This looks like a great museum. Perhaps we (Emily & kids & I)can go back there with you when we visit. I can hardly wait to see everyone! I like the soaked picture also, and the one of Michael driving (what an expression)
Post a Comment