Thursday, October 29, 2009

Fall foliage

I finally gave in to that urge to grab the camera every time I walked past a window.
This is what we see out our kitchen window and upstairs bedrooms.
Is it any wonder I love where we live?

p.s. If you feel the need to rake leaves, you know, just because it is such a "fall thing" to do... I know where you could find some. Soon we will not be able to tell where grass ends and driveway begins. The leaves will be thick, deep and crunchy. Yesterday I helped a little friend smell the leaves. He looked at me like I was from Mars, but then, he smelled it and I think he understood, it is the smell of Autumn!

10 comments:

Robin said...

Lucky you! I miss the crunchy leaves. Ours all blew away in the blizzard today. Waa.

Sally said...

beautiful. Wow. I remember some time ago you posted a picture of your street--I can't remember if it was in spring (blooms) or fall (leaves) but what I do remember is that it was so gorgeous.

Jeralee said...

very nice! I love your pictures. I will right over with a rake... I could use some leaf mulch. ;-) I am guessing that yours are far less soggy than our leaves

Kerren said...

Splendid! I have great memories of playing with your children in the leaves in your front yard. Time flies, and the reoccurance of seasonal delights keeps us remembering and looking forward -- all at the same time. I do understand how you love it there. Is it any wonder?

Heather said...

Love the photos. We missed fall colors this year. Three snow storms in October pretty much killed the color. Now we are watching and waiting for the 21 inches of snow to melt! Happy Fall.

Melissa said...

Heather! 21 inches! Yikes~ That is a scary Halloween!

I'm feeling embarrassed, but your profile pic is small and I'm trying to figure out what Heather I know who lives where there would be 21 inches of snow....

Synergy Girl said...

WOW!!!! That is to pretty for words...!! I do have to say I envy the view...I wish we lived in an older neighborhood where the trees were bigger than the houses!! Maybe someday...

Heather said...

No problem. I am still trying to figue out how to send an email from a blog or to a blogger, so I can't send you an email and tell you all the updates of my family. Needless to say, we were on drillteam together (boy that was ages ago). My mom, Judi, and my dad, Fred, still live by the school. Hope you are doing well.

Melissa said...

Oh! Hi Heather! I actually ran through all the Heather's I've known and you were on my list... I remember you have a couple of cute little kids... It has been a few years since I've had an update though. You are remarkably talented and your husband is a vet? Maybe?
melissa@the-austins.com, drop me a note and fill me in on your life! I'm so glad you commented! Hooray!!! :)

Jay and Stephanie Adams said...

Love love love!!!! Your yard is gorgeous! (since this is our first fall here, I was hoping for a bit more in our yard, so I'm a little bit jealous). But, isn't it nice to love where you are?