Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bestill my heart...





Today I looked over at Lily, she was drawing pictures and staying quiet at an awards assembly, I noticed her people all have eyelashes. So charming! (Truly, this changes the whole look of her people!) They also all have flowers on their clothes. She is a lefty. I find this totally fascinating.

Last week I walked in to find her dressed up and gazing at herself in the mirror, I said, "Oh Lily, you look beautiful, like a princess!" She said "Oh, No Mommy! I look elegant! Exquisite! Like a.... Like a .... Like a Mommy!" (I posted this on facebook when it happened, but had to remember to blog it because you know, this is my "journal". about 5 people at church mentioned it to me on Sunday and I thought-- I should write that down somewhere!)

Henry has learned to say Lily! He says Llllllliiiilllllyyyyy. All. the. time. It is fun!

A few weeks ago I was having one of those days- actually, it had been about 18 of them in a row and I was really down in the dumps. (hence the slow-blog month...) When I went to bed I found this on my pillow.




Blessed is the woman that marries my boy someday (I'm working on teaching him to pick up his socks and be a gentleman, he might fall short, but he can write a precious love note.) A few of my favorites are D- Determined, which is why I'm writing in cursive. ;) P- Party, life of the, and U- Up- for Mom, give it. ;) He really is an amazing kid.


And lastly: Thanksgiving is a week away and I have not posted any pictures from October birthdays or other fun happenings. So here is "clearing the memory card". :)

9 comments:

Jeralee said...

Love it! Mom's are glamorous. Even when society tells us we aren't, our kids still think so. Love the love note that your son wrote - that is precious. And I like your cute little lefty. Our Charlise is the only lefty in our house..

Jeralee said...

BTW - you make your house look and sound like a FUN place to be. You know how to capture the moments.

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing this! Sometimes it's the little things that make such a difference.

Kerren said...

I hope you have a nice, big, secure container of some sort that notes like this one from Michael will be kept in forever! So precious. Love all the components of this "heartfelt" post! What a lot we have to be thankful for! I'm betting I'm not the only one to be surprised at hearing you comment that you had a "down" day. When you do -- you sure know how to "pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and try all over again!" Love that about you!

Robin said...

Keep that note! What a wonderful boy. He sure does love you. This makes me wish I were at your house! Love you!

Kristen said...

This was a sweet and tender post. It made me tear up a bit. I love reading about your family and your amazing kids. They are precious and amazing, just like their parents!

Sally said...

Up for Michael, give it!!

That was AWESOME!

I am still smiling. What a love letter!

Synergy Girl said...

Oh man...notes like those make ANY day...week...month so much better!! Especially when they are unexpected! What a cute family you have!!

Jay and Stephanie Adams said...

I LOVE how sweet Michael is. It floors me constantly to see how fast it's happening. And, I love Lily's girliness and charm. It reminds me of mine...We refer to her as Princess Sophia.