Thursday, December 3, 2009

One week ago this morning...

July 2006
We were all sitting around the breakfast table, planning our schedule of when to bake what so thanksgiving dinner would be done on time and all warm at the same time. Then the phone rang.

It has struck me how much your perspective can change in one minute. Dave's dad, David W. Austin, passed away early on Thanksgiving morning. Our week has continued on,; days full of laughter and fun and happiness, decorating for Christmas, sharing thoughts about Grandpa and immense gratitude for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and our understanding of the Plan of Salvation.

Today David S. and David M. (Michael) will head out to pay their respects to David W. What a great man he was. Kristen and Robin have written beautiful posts about their dad, they are more eloquent than me, you should read them. (http://tangerinetulips.blogspot.com/ and http://robinblogz.blogspot.com/) I feel blessed to have known Dave and had his influence in my life and the lives of my husband and children.

7 comments:

Laura said...

I wish you all well. It must be hard to balance the impact of it with the joy of the season.

I send all of my love your way and hope the month is filled with sweet moments.

Emily said...

This photo is very cute. I wish we could all be there together, it will be so nice to see David and Michael.

xo

The Crew said...

When I herd your sad news it made me sad! I thought of how swiftly time flies..." For the arrow is flown, and the moments are gone..." I am happy for your family that Dave and Michael get to go. Our condolences to all of you.
-Amy & Crew

Kerren said...

I've read the tender and precious thoughts that all of you have written, and can only imagine how your hearts feel. Family support means the world, and I'm glad that you all have one another. I learned several significant things from the comments made by those left behind. My thoughts are with Dave and Michael now as they travel today. Sad events like this are bonding times as well. Hope you and the little ones enjoy the time together. You'll be missing all of them.Love and miss you!

Kirsten & Midge said...

This is a hard time for you and Dave I am sure. We are thinking of you as you share your memories with each other and extended family.

Stamps Family said...

Our hearts ache for you. I loved reading the other posts about Dave's amazing Dad. What a wonderful legacy he has left behind. We love you all so much. You are in our thoughts and prayers.

Synergy Girl said...

One of the things that I have always loved about you is your ability to find happiness in ALL situations!! I love reading your blog and feeling just a little bit connected to your family!! We love you and hope that you are feeling the Holiday warmth!!