Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Today...

Today I:
  • Listened while Dave explained to our children important doctrine we were reading in the Book of Mormon, all while they kids munched breakfast.
  • Sat in the sunshine and read 4 chapters of a book with Janey while Lily and Henry dressed up in winter gear and stomped around the house on a mission.
  • Sat in that same sunny spot with Henry and watched a robin dig for worms in our yard. We watched for about 10 minutes--- If only I could figure out a way to keep him still for 10 minutes during stake conference this weekend...
  • Perfected my play dough roses.
  • Shared my turkey sandwich with a little boy who hugged and kissed me between each bite.
  • Listened to Jane and Lily play "best friends".
  • Played a tedious game of race Doc Hudson back and forth with Lily-- but her laughing till she snorted and almost fell over was worth how lame the game was.
  • built a very nice wall with blocks, knocking it down is the best part!

And it is only 12:47. Don't you wish you were me? If not me, don't you wish you were here with me? I do.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like some great time at your house! Much better than the errand running I did with all five boys this morning. Your morning sounds much more enjoyable and sunny!

Laura said...

Hmmm, sounds pretty good to me.

I'm liking the sunny part!

Kerren said...

I LOVE the way you spend your days! Reminds me of that old poem that begins . . . "At 7 a.m. I don't envy the mob, that rise shine and shower and head for their job . . " etc. Although, I have to admit, I have almost that much fun at my job. The last comment -- "there with you" well . . . YES! I'd love it!

Amy said...

Hi Melissa! I miss you! I'm soooooooooo glad you're a mom! You are splendid! :) Amy

Robin said...

Yes. I do wish I was with you. We miss you. I think we are coming to DC for Labor day so hopefully Ike and I can see you then. That seems like a long long time away.