Tuesday, January 11, 2011

hello?

I'm a non-blogger blogger. But... I miss being able to look back at my blog and see what was going on in my life, so I'm re-committing myself.    I'll start by telling a few things that made me happy yesterday.

I was standing at the kitchen counter making waffles and a cardinal was enjoying birdseed at my window feeder. I love being inches away from those beautiful creatures and watching their little beaks munching!  It was one of those, "my life is so good" moments: good music playing, happy kids, warm kitchen, yummy smells, good food, beautiful life.

Michael was in need of new pencils for school. I found 6 brand new pencils, sharpened them, and left them on the table by his homework. When it was time to clear the table for dinner I told him those pencils were for him. His enthusiasm was awesome. You would have thought it was a brand new game for the Wii or something. :)  Sincere gratitude is a beautiful thing.

Lily and I were playing some silly game where she puts a pillow on my head and I act shocked. As the pillow fell off my head, she threw her arms around my neck laughing and shreiked in my ear, "Oh Mommy! I just LOVE you!"  :)

Eve came home in a mood.  I think it is the sassiness of 8.  I reminded her how the tone of what she said was as strong of a message as what she said. A few minutes later, after being less sassy, she said "Wow! I feel a lot better! That tone thing works!"  :)

Jane did a ton of Math work today... in various positions/locations. At one point I walked in the kitchen to find her sitting on the floor with her book on a chair.  Not ideal, but it made me laugh and she completed all the work she needed to finish.

Henry. Just Henry. He keeps me laughing all day long.  I sat under him and watched Sesame Street for a while today, he is lovey and cuddly and adores me... it is mutual.  I think I "cocked" his nerf gun at least 5,000 times today. 

Dave built a lovely fire for FHE.  After we had our snack (banana split on a spoon: one slice of banana, a spoon of Neapolitan ice cream and a choc chip on top... I don't do big snacks at bedtime...) and the kids were tucked in bed, I sat in front of the fire and read for an hour. It was warm and lovely.

I have a good life.

7 comments:

Robin said...

Your posts are beautiful and make me feel happy. I am glad you are posting again!

Laura said...

Thanks for sharing the love!

Stamps Family said...

Ahhhhh... You make me smile:)

Kerren said...

A very heart-warming entry Melissa! Thanks for sharing your feelings. Sometimes I feel like I "need" a picture to go with a post, but your words painted a perfectly wonderful picture. Recognizing JOY in our lives is a big part of the gift! Love you!

Amy said...

Your last statement, "I have a good life."- I'm sp glad! Thanks for sharing! That was beautiful! I miss you! I love you!
Amy

Linda Austin Hart said...

I wanted to call you today but realized it was after midnight your time. I loved this reflective post.

Sally said...

What a beautiful post. You do have a beautiful life. Thanks for sharing it with us! And way to focus on the good things and try to put aside the stressful/challenging things. I admire that so much.

We want to share your beautiful life! When are we going to get to be neighbors?

I finally got caught up on all the awesome posts about your kids. I wish I had read them sooner. I can't wait to share them with my kids, especially Nathan, who will read them himself and I know he will really enjoy that.

Now it is time for a post on David and a post on you. The same kind of posts, including pictures and all your good qualities. Please?

Love you.