I love Jane. She is full of laughter and fun. Jane is currently homeschooled so I get to enjoy her company all day! It has been fun to watch her learn, and learn about her. For example, working in handwriting books, meh. Writing poetry using handwriting techniques? Yeah! math on the computer, score! Spelling? a breeze no matter how you shake it. One thing that makes homeschooling easier with Jane is that she is pretty self motivated. She also is super smart. :) While I'm distracted with Lily and Henry, she keeps trucking along. Go Jane! She is into doing her hair, adding accessories to outfits and carrying a purse. What a lady.
Jane is a peacemaker. She is always striving to do what is right and genuinely feels bad if she comes up short. She is very very tenderhearted and feels things deeply. She is aware of how others are feeling, and does nice things for people to cheer them up. I've realized that my feelings of frustration or disappointment about random things really effect Jane.
(Notice how cooperative Henry was in this photo? no wonder we still haven't sent Christmas cards! )Jane LOVES babies. Loves them. She is good with them too. She can keep Henry happy during tough times (like long car rides or shopping trips) by taking him on imaginary adventures in pirate ships or on horses. It is fun to hear her," Let me help you put on your cowboy boots and spurs, oops, fell off, try again, now your hat, Looking good Buddy! Lets' go riding the range! oooh! See that giant cactus! Steer clear of that!" You get the idea. She rocks. Henry really adores her.
Jane is crafty. She is always making something out of something. She's good at crocheting and makes cool beaded projects. She loves to write letters too! She's been on a swimteam for the past 2 years and is really doing great! She works hard and somedays I can't imagine how she can keep swimming forward! They do some tough drills. She also plays the piano and is super good at practicing (as long as we are on our normal schedule and the kids are out the door by 8:15.)
Jane adores penguins. I mean, LOVES them. So much so that Henry, shouts "Jane, a Penguin!" Whenever he sees one. (There sure were a lot of penguin themed things in the stores in December! It is fun to have something you love. Jane is also a fantastic giver. At Christmas she bought thoughtful gifts for everybody in our family. She bought things she really would have liked to keep in fact! :) Watching her give, and the others too, was my favorite part of Christmas. ( Jane and Eve about 5 years ago... Wow, they have grown up!)
I've learned a lot being Jane's mom. She is a precious spirit. She loves to laugh and make others laugh, and is truly learning to use the gift of her sense of humor appropriately. Jane is honest, she is truthful and hardworking. She loves to bake with me and is willing to try almost any new food. She is probably our most adventurous child. Jane will spend HOURS outside playing-- with a sibling or neighbor or alone. She loves the snow and will bundle up and play for hours. Yesterday I looked outside to see her rolling from one side of our snowy yard, all the way to the other edge. :) She delights in it (and only eats the clean snow! ;))
Jane Elizabeth is a joy. Aren't we so blessed with such an awesome family??? sigh.



7 comments:
Happy Birthday Jane! We love you and miss you and can't wait to see you this summer! (did you get our card?)
Jane is a delight! She is consistently cheerful and anxious to please. She has an adventuresome palate and a generous heart.
Oh so true! All of your observations and tender comments about Jane are so sensitive and true~! She is a delight and has been exactly that since the day she was born. Remember how her little newborn smile could light up a room? It still does! We DO love Janey and rejoice in having her as a special part of our family! Just cannot believe how fast 10 years zip by! Wow! 10? TEN? Dias? Wow! Seems like we love you 10 times more every year! Let's skype!
Happy Birthday Jane! We love you sooooo much! Ruby talks often about you, she loves you dearly.
xoxo
Jane is amazing! Happy Birthday Jane! I noticed how thoughtful she is when we visited last spring. You forgot to mention what a talented etch-a-sketcher she is. I've never seen anyone etch-a-sketch like Jane can (other than Buddy, the Elf).
We love you Jane!!!
i love love love janey.
i want go exploring with her.
Wow, I loved this post. Jane is so special. When we were there last summer, I was always so delighted when Jane was around because Lainey really adored her (as she did all of your girls!), and Janey was so kind to Laine.
The last time we were at the cabin together, Nathan and Jane really hit it off. It was the first time he had really spent time with cousins near his age and it was heaven. I realized what a blessing it would be for my children to have their cousins nearby. Jane is a great example and I wish we could spend time with her every day.
The picture of the kids in front of the tree is so great. Just photoshop Henry in there! I want it!
Post a Comment