Thursday, August 14, 2008

I saw a woman wearing my sweater yesterday.

It was hand-knit sweater I had passed on to a thrift store.

She was easily 90. Maybe 95 years old.

It looked good on her.

I feel somewhat crabby that when I was in my "hand-knit-granny-style-sweater-phase" nobody told me I was dressing like a 90 year old woman.

Oh if we could turn back the hands of time for our fashion blunders.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, that is so funny. I would love to see a photo, first of you, then of granny, in the sweater. Now, if you were a serious blogger you would 1)always carry your camera with you, 2)have enough nerve to take a photo of the woman, maybe even asking her first so she could pose. Then you'd find an old photo in that sweater. I guess you're not a serious blogger. Or maybe it's that you're a mother. ;-) Busy.

Wendy said...

That is too funny... It's funny enough to imagine you wearing the same sweater as a 95yr old woman. Sometimes it is good to leave it to the imagination!

Melissa said...

Em, I told the kids yesterday (when we saw the woman wearing my cast offs.) I need to keep my camera with me. We were back-to-school shopping and I swear, it would have been a great blog-- watch for it.

I also saw a car that I totally wanted to take a picture of and blog about (then I saw Celia Fays bumper sticker post and thought I would seem like a copy cat. But I did have the thought all on my own.)

Anyway, I'll keep watching for 90 year old women in my bag of clothes I donated.

Robin said...

Who looked better in it? You or her?

Anonymous said...

My first question would be, why is she wearing a sweater in the middle of August. It is not that cool outside. And secondly maybe she was just a hip 90 year old and likes to be in style. Your clothes do not look like something an old lady would wear. I promise!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I thought as a 90 yr old woman, you looked pretty hot! Though I would have never said that at the time. In fact, now is probably not a good time to say that either ... I mean not to say that you don't look hot for a woman in her ... what is it? Late 20's?

Too late ... foot already in mouth.

Jay and Stephanie Adams said...

Ok. I'm totally cracking up at "Jolly's" comment cuz it's just about the sarcastic comment I was thinking of making. hehe!!

Linda Austin Hart said...

wait......I saw her, too, & she looked like she was 20. Are you sure she was 90? I got a close look, in fact I almost wanted to ask, "what do you think you're doing, wearing minxy melissa's sweater???"

Well let me tell you, I looked at her closely and decided she was just wearing a wig, painted her face with rubber cement to make her skin pucker and was walking with that stoop & limp in order to keet the U. Del frat boys from attacking her.
In fact, come to think of it, you were really flirting with danger whenever you wore it out of doors, especially when you were walking around Newark. Any drooling males must have been thoroughly intimidated by your muscle-bound, fiercely protective spouse.

Good thing you got rid of that sweater! The consignment store probably sold it for a pile of greenbacks. (Are they still green, btw? The way they keep copying the Mexicans by crankinging new ones off the press with different colors, I'm not sure *what* color our currency is anymore. . . I *know* it's not worth much!)

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

that is fantastic that you saw your sweater! what a great "full circle" moment:)