
Henry is about 4 weeks away from 2. He is acting closer than that.... Last week I nearly lost my marbles with velcro-boy (as in, stuck to me like velcro.) This week I'm back to my cheerful self. Drinking my lemonade, you know the old saying.
Here is a dose of why I love him so!
He is a hat boy. He puts that hat on at 7:00 a.m. He has skills too, the way he slides it on is awesome! (Just like a big boy, one handed even!)
He calls the nursery at church "TRUCK". As soon as we say "amen" in the chapel he is dragging us down the hall saying "Truck!" When you ask if he had fun in nursery he says "Truck!"
Yesterday I stepped on a toy in the family room. I squealed "Ouch!" and hopped around on one foot. He thought it was the funniest thing in.the.world. His laugh is awesome. I hopped around forever just to hear him. A few hours later he dragged me by the fingers back into the family room and grabbed his foot and yelped "Ouch!". Then fell over laughing. We played Mommy-gets-hurt for another half an hour.
Today Dave told him to not bang his toy on something-- he looked at Dave and said "Shh!"
He looks at the other kids like they hung the moon. Pure adoration. He is saying Evie clearly and the other kids are just waiting till he calls their name.
He is starting to sing along. So charming!
He runs to the door and says "Chi! Wee!" That means, lets go outside and swing!
His "Yethsssssssss" is more frequent than his "no". He always answers Yethssss!
He has this scowl where he scrunches up his face, puckers his lips and looks up at his eyebrows, it makes me laugh!
Sometimes he drags me into watch Max and Ruby with him. I love to watch him watch because he laughs at all the funny parts. :) He also wants me to keep my hands around his tummy. If I move them he grabs them and places them back on his belly.
He is a total cuddler. Kissy and Lovey and Huggy. Wonderful.



11 comments:
lITTLE BOYS ARE SO MUCH FUN TO HAVE AROUND!!!
I can picture so much of what you said. Kate is two and loves to dance around the house.
The hat thing is too adorable.
There isn't anything more wonderful than the sound of a laughing baby.
Thanks for reminding me.
Wonderful post! Hug and kiss him for me! Dang! I wish we lived near you.
Yay, I love Henry stories.
He truly is a LOVE! So adorable, with such a delightful personality. I loved the little 'snapshots' of his way of enjoying life and bring such joy to the family. We love him too!
Henry is adorable and I am right there with you on this one! Pass the lemonade and keep smiling!
Don't you wish you could freeze this moment in time?
He is so so cute. What a blessing to have such a sweet little love bringing up the tail.
Man,oh man! I'm crazy about him too. I'd like you to capture that scowl on film, which would be mighty hard since he's such a happy kid. He has the best expressions!
I loved reading this! I love Henry too! I love the way you paint the picture with words of unforgettable moments with your kids! -Amy
He is a cute little boy.
Well, I guess I have to say that I am jealous...he will wear HATS??? No fair!! Blazer will wear it just because I get so excited, and then he rips it off like "Ya, right, mom..." AND he cuddles?? WOW...You have an amazing almost two year old!! My little guy is in love with his daddy...he gets all the special cuddles!! I guess it is okay though...I love seeing them together!!
Post a Comment