Sunday, September 6, 2009

Here's what we did in the summertime,,,.





Oh what did you do in the summer time when all the world was green? Did you eat meals outside and catch fireflies and read every book you could see? Is that what you did? So did we.



Oh what did you do in the summer time when all the world was green? Did you swing high in Dad's swing or swim till you hair turned green or play on a sandy beach? Is that what you did? So did we.

Oh what did you do in the summer time when all the world was green? Did you learn to ride bikes or even a trike or cut down the branch of a tree? is that what you did? So did we.





Dang! Technical difficulties. Don't give up on me!
Oh what did you do in the summer time when all the world was green? Did you serve one another and make homemade butter and catch all the frogs in the yard? Is that what you did? It was hard! (the frog catching part...)

Oh what did you do in the summer time when all the world was green? Did you make crowns from trees, wear socks once a week (to church), or slurp a freezer pop on the deck? Is that what you did? Oh my heck! (loosing my edge here...)


Summer is glorious. We enjoyed it.

I have to say though, that feeling in the air at night when it cools off... I'm ready to move to the next season!

8 comments:

Kirsten & Midge said...

Cute stuff. Summer time is great, but I love the going back to school part as well.

Nope said...

I love summer...I DO. And every fall i think of you because you love it so much.

Nope said...

You love fall so much!!!!

Robin said...

WE checked on your blog
Ate icecream like hogs
and missed you so very much!
Yup that's what we did
Missed you much!

Kristen said...

You know what I did in the summertime, when all the world was green,
I taught kids to swim, read books on a whim, and went to some other states.
That is what I did, it was great!

And... I ditto Robin's, I missed you so much!

Kerren said...

Summer? Wow, it is now sort of a blurrrrr. It went so fast. Started off with a great trip to visit your family and then just zipped by with camping trips here and there. We're loving the feel of Fall in the air.
I loved seeing your summertime photos and the way you recapture nice moments. Each picture has a whole story! Love and miss you all!

Sally said...

This is a beautiful post. What great pictures and you are a talented songwriter!

Linda Austin Hart said...

My summer high light was being with you and Plickas at Bethany beach!!