Thursday, August 27, 2009

School Shoes.

I love shoes. I always have. Mom says that when I was little and got lost in the store she didn't go looking for me in the toy section, she went straight to the shoes.

A major perk of having 3 daughters is the shoes. Pink Mary Janes, Pink sneakers, Black shiny ballet flats, Zebra print shoes, Glittery Silver shoes, Red Mary Janes, patent leather in all its' varieties! What a treat to shop in the girls shoes section! (or even in the shoe tub in the basement, I think I have pink t-straps in 4 sizes!)

Last fall though, we hit a snag. Eve needed new sneakers for school. We hunted high and low and couldn't find her size! She tried on all manner of glittery, beaded, pink, slip on, open-toed fun shoes, but what she needed was something to wear for P.E. We found ourselves in K-Mart and she picked a lovely pair of velcro Little Mermaid Shoes. She thought they were the prettiest shoes she'd ever seen. (ugly.) But, alas, there were none her size. She looked up at me and said, "But mom, if they did have my size, could I have them?" Slam dunk I thought! "You bet honey, but they don't have your size."

You guessed it, we turned the corner and sitting on the top of a shelf was a glorious box of Velcro Ariel shoes in her exact size!

Man was she a happy girl all year long in those sneakers. Her feet have grown and she needed new shoes again this fall. Thank goodness her taste has changed.

7 comments:

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Cute shoes. Caroline will be jeolous of them. She is all about converse sneakers.

Kerren said...

Your shoe photos are priceless! Memories of shoe moments are flooding my mind. New shoes have gone to bed with you more than once. I love those new pink high tops. Can she tie, and double tie them? With 23 X two shoe laces coming untied in each K class, I've just opted to tell them to tuck the laces down inside the shoes until I get around to re-tie them. It becomes an epidemic to yank your shoe untied so your teacher will re-tie it. Hooray for velcro, but ripping them open and closed is another matter. . . . isn't it just one thing after another? Love new shoes!

Robin said...

You are never wrong in Cons. Cons take you everyplace in style. Good choice Eve! All my boys and Uncle Roland approve.

Jeralee said...

very styish shoes! Isn't having girls fun!

I love, love, love flip flops and a cute ballet flat. I always have lots of ballet flats. We need to do shoe shopping here. I can barely keep Moura in shoes. right now at age 9, she is in a 7 1/2 in womens and outgrows every couple of months. She likes to go into the women's section and try on the high stilleto heels. LOL

Linda Austin Hart said...

She comes by her love of shoes naturally. Last Fall I had to give away 26 pairs of gorgeous, and cute shoes, most of them heels, but some Reeboks and 1 pair of converse as well, when 2 specialists told me I couldn't wear them, EVER again. Too bad Eve didn't wear a size 10 back then. I'd have happily given them all to her.

Sally said...

Yay for Converse! Those are very cute and stylish. Of course, anything is cute and stylish on Eve.

Alexis Jacobs said...

What a cute post! Love the shoes.