Saturday, August 8, 2009

Things I'll miss.

When they've grown...
Lily needing me go into the bathroom with her to turn the light. Every time. Even when the light is already on.


Henry grabbing my hand and taking me places, pointing and saying Dat! Dat! DAT! His thank you (day-doo) is totally worth it. (Plus resistance is futile, he is strong and can lift me out of my chair...)

Michael reading over my shoulder and asking what I'm doing whenever I sit down to the computer.

The sound of 3 girls giggling after the lights are out.

Feet that are cute and I don't mind touching. (I have a foot thing...)

Girls who like to sit on my laps and read to me.

Kids who want to go with me no matter where I'm going. Even when it is "easier" to go alone.

Shouts of kids playing in the yard while I'm snuggling Henry down for a nap... his sweaty little head leaves a wet spot on my shoulder every day.

Smearing sun-scream on little bodies... Even Michaels body is big now!

Love notes on my pillow.
I'm not writing the "things I won't miss" list. ;)

8 comments:

karen said...

The love note is precious! Definitely frame-worthy :)

Robin said...

That list takes me back about 10 years. You are so smart to appreciate it rather than focus on the downside. Although from my perspective I forget and say "what downside?"

It's all good right?

Laura said...

Things I'll miss, cuddling with my three tinies while I read to them after breakfast.

Thanks for your thoughts. There's so much of life to love.

Maren said...

Very sweet.

Katie said...

~sigh~ You're amazing. This goes along with my new quest to try and embrace each moment. I must confess I've sadly been wishing them away lately. I love your love note!!! It's gorgeous.

Stamps Family said...

So true! Time goes by so fast that we all need to be reminded to "cherish the moment!" I have found that you even miss most of the things you thought you wouldn't! Thanks for sharing your list!

Amy said...

Oh yeah! Life is good at this stage, huh!?!

Sally said...

A great list. What lovely things to enjoy; and how smart to not even make the list of the things you won't miss!

I remember always wanting to go on errands with my mom. It was a pleasure for me. I love that your kids feel that way.