Thursday, January 27, 2011

Genevieve Noelle...

Can you believe Eve turned 8?  I can't. She is such a special girl. Do you know I NEVER have to even remind her to do homework. Ever. She walks in the door, hugs me, sits down and gets to work.  Amazing.  She not only does it, she does it right! She is one smart cookie. Her school teacher appreciates what a fantastic role model she is for the other kids, and the mom of one classmate has told me how much help she has been to her son. Not only does she help him, but she is a good friend. (In turn, he is a special friend to her too.)
Eve loved her birthday. She flitted all around the room as she opened gifts. I think it must be cool to get presents 2 days before Christmas! She was very sincere in her wishes for family members and in her thank-yous. With all we had going on (Baptism, Christmas Eve, Christmas, my birthday, scheduled trip to Mazaatlan...) life was really hectic and we bought cupcakes. She acted like they were the best ever. She has a sunny disposition.
Eve was so excited to be baptized. I think it was more exciting to her than her actual birthday, or even Christmas. It is so special that she has an understanding of what an important step that is. Her "snapshot" is going to be pretty much a baptism post. :)  We decided that the morning of Christmas Eve was a perfect time for a baptism-- and it was!  What a fantastic start to a day--- and I bet she won't ever forget the specialness of that day.  We sang Christmas Carols, the talks were done by 2 amazing young women,  she had support from so many loved ones who have prayed for her often over the past 8 years.  Even though we didnt' have any extended family there, the room was overflowing with people who are like family to us.  It was also filled with an amazing spirit. As she received the Gift of the Holy Ghost,  she was reminded of what a special light she has and that many people will be drawn to her.  She has been through a lot in her 8 years and we know she has a lot to accomplish in this life. Truly, it was a perfect morning and a perfect way to start Christmas Eve.We only wish we could have shared it with all the people we love.
totally un-Eve related. Can you get over how tall Michael is?  Yikes.

About 3 weeks ago we had a scary thing happen.  I was rubbing Eve's back and noticed that she had a big lump... I lined the kids up and compared spines and felt panicky.  We went to the doctors within a few days and were sent for x-rays.  I was so scared.  I had visions of tumors and cysts and things I can't even type.  I'm not generally an over-worrier. (Her infancy taught me a lot! ;))  But I was flat out scared. I can't tell you the relief we felt when the results came back normal.  Sometimes I think Eve has her own definition of "normal".

Eve is fun. She loves to dance and make crafty things. She is so precious to play with Lily and Henry and treats them really nicely.  She likes to eat most everything and is pretty neat and tidy.  Her hair grows like crazy and she is patient while I brush it out every morning. 

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, I love Evie so much! How we would have LOVED to have been there! Thank you for posting photos.

I have really enjoyed reading all of your blog posts lately, keep them coming!

xoxo

Kerren said...

I totally agree with Emily! It helps to see the photos and get the blog reports! Evie is a darling girl -- beautiful in every way! Her life has inspired me from the very beginning -- even before, actually. She has a special "mission" in this life! Love you, Evie . . . . and all your precious family! Thanks for these wonderful posts, Melissa!

Kristen said...

Eve is a light. A perfect way to describe her, as people are so drawn to her. She has a gentle kind way about her and she is lovely. I got a little teary reading about her baptism and wished I could've been there!

I love your family picture. Michael really is so tall, Jane's hair is glossy - just so shiny, like gold. Eve is lovely and glowing in her baptism dress and Lily's smile is darling with all of her teeth showing. And Henry, oh cute Henry! He is getting so big and he is such a doll! And of course, you and Dave are as fabulous as ever!

We love you all!

Linda Austin Hart said...

I am so happy having read about her baptism. It makes up (but only a little) for our not being able to be there. Eve is a jewel and a rare jewel at that!

Sally said...

Eve!

We love Eve so much. Your pregnancy with Eve and the circumstances surrounding her birth were so intense. I will never forget all that you went through to get her here and healthy. She is worth it!

I am glad that lump on her back is nothing. Dang those scares really are scary.

We miss Eve and want to spend time with her. She's very kind and sincere, the kind of girl that makes everyone feel loved. Plus she knows how to be silly and have fun!