Oh Henry.
4 amazing things about Henry.
He is adorable. He is rough and tumble and has these most awesome dance/fighter/groovy moves. He pretty much does a victory dance everytime anything remotely good happens. It is delightful.
I realized about 3 weeks ago that I have never really encouraged him to dress himself... or put on his own shoes, or a myriad of other things my older children did alone by 4. He simply hasn't needed to! However, he has responded beautifully to being encouraged to be independent. My FAVORITE thing of the day is watching him pull his underwear up in the moring. Then his pants. One of these days I'm going to video it for posterity. It is... well, so terrific I can't stand it.
Henry likes to be right. He espeically likes to point out when others were wrong. "You were WRONG Mommy, right? You were wrong!" He is nice though. Yesterday he was extolling the virtues of losing a game to Lily (who had just lost to you can guess, Henry.) "It is GOOD to lose Lily! You like it, it is so much fun!" I said, "Yeah, loosing is great!" and she said, very straight faced, "Yes, but it isn't fantastic." I laughed hard!
Henry has an awesome imagination. Some mornings he makes us all Salami Smoothies. (He LOVES the word Salami.) Other days he has us all going on airplanes. He has imaginary friends too. However, his best friend (aside from siblings, whom he adores), is his Puppy Dog Love-a-Love. Or wuvawuv. Every morning before eating his own breakfast he draws some scribbles on a paper and sets it on the floor next to his high chair and places WuvaWuv face down to chow down. He brings him nearly everywhere we go. He gives him amazing hugs and reads him stories. (If Santa had only known to bring 2 of these puppy dogs.....) It is sweet. At night, Henry often has bad dreams, we hear him fussing and then saying, "Where is Wuvawuv, I need to hug him!" Precious.
Oh, and a few more for good measure. Henry has decided to name his baby brother Bob Jones. Cool. Henry is techy, he is good at i-pads and nooks, and all computery things. Oh, and he always points with his middle finger. Always. We have all tried to convince him how awesome the other 4 fingers are. He is not convinced.... so, picture him doing that victory dance, telling Lily how awesome it is to loose, all while flipping her off with both hands. And you wonder why I was laughing so hard.... :)
4 amazing things about Henry.
He is adorable. He is rough and tumble and has these most awesome dance/fighter/groovy moves. He pretty much does a victory dance everytime anything remotely good happens. It is delightful.
I realized about 3 weeks ago that I have never really encouraged him to dress himself... or put on his own shoes, or a myriad of other things my older children did alone by 4. He simply hasn't needed to! However, he has responded beautifully to being encouraged to be independent. My FAVORITE thing of the day is watching him pull his underwear up in the moring. Then his pants. One of these days I'm going to video it for posterity. It is... well, so terrific I can't stand it.
Henry likes to be right. He espeically likes to point out when others were wrong. "You were WRONG Mommy, right? You were wrong!" He is nice though. Yesterday he was extolling the virtues of losing a game to Lily (who had just lost to you can guess, Henry.) "It is GOOD to lose Lily! You like it, it is so much fun!" I said, "Yeah, loosing is great!" and she said, very straight faced, "Yes, but it isn't fantastic." I laughed hard!
Henry has an awesome imagination. Some mornings he makes us all Salami Smoothies. (He LOVES the word Salami.) Other days he has us all going on airplanes. He has imaginary friends too. However, his best friend (aside from siblings, whom he adores), is his Puppy Dog Love-a-Love. Or wuvawuv. Every morning before eating his own breakfast he draws some scribbles on a paper and sets it on the floor next to his high chair and places WuvaWuv face down to chow down. He brings him nearly everywhere we go. He gives him amazing hugs and reads him stories. (If Santa had only known to bring 2 of these puppy dogs.....) It is sweet. At night, Henry often has bad dreams, we hear him fussing and then saying, "Where is Wuvawuv, I need to hug him!" Precious.
Oh, and a few more for good measure. Henry has decided to name his baby brother Bob Jones. Cool. Henry is techy, he is good at i-pads and nooks, and all computery things. Oh, and he always points with his middle finger. Always. We have all tried to convince him how awesome the other 4 fingers are. He is not convinced.... so, picture him doing that victory dance, telling Lily how awesome it is to loose, all while flipping her off with both hands. And you wonder why I was laughing so hard.... :)




7 comments:
You have a knack for making me want to get on a plane and fly across the country so I can just be near your kids and sneak in snuggles wherever I can. I just love them all so much!
Happy Happy Birthday Henry!!! We love you!
~Aunt Kristen, Austin, and Rocky
Cracking up... especially about the pointing... love that cute little guy! :)
Thanks for this great snap-shot at your great little boy! He is really so precious, unique and delightful! Can't wait to see him again in person, but in the meantime, I SO appreciate the way you share him! Love to all of you!
Awesome Henry! He is a lover! Happy Birthday!
Such a good post on such a great kid. I miss him like crazy! Show him my photo and give him kisses from me! I want to see a photo of him & puppy love-a-love.
I can't believe he's four!
He is an awesome boy. We love him!
Post a Comment