Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Somebody is 6!

6 Glorious Lily Facts.

1. Lily is fun! She loves to play and skip. On the way into church on Sunday she was holding my hand and said, "You know Mom,  skipping is MUCH better than just plain walking."  This speaks volumes about Lily and the way she goes about life.

2.  Lily wakes up cheerful every morning.  Last weekend I heard her waking and then saying to Henry from her bed... "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"  It made me laugh to hear that be the first thing out of her mouth. :)

3.  Lily is good at schoolwork. I never have to bug her to do her homework and she is good at it.

4.  Lily loves green salad.  She prefers if I send a salad in her lunch to a sandwich.

5.  Lily draws amazing pictures.

6.  Lily is a trooper. We recently went to NYC and walked our little legs off and she was not a whiner at all!  She also is super good at hand holding.  Walking next to her (well, she was skipping...) along side of Central Park, with autumn leaves blowing off the trees is a memory I will cherish.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Somebody is 6 and ADORABLE! I really want Lily and Ruby to be very besties friendsies ever. Sigh. xoxo

Emily said...

P.S. I love your 6 things about your 6 year old.

Kerren said...

Beautiful and very tender thoughts about a beautiful and tender child! We love Lily more than words can say! Thanks for the update. Not a day goes by when skip checking on your blog! Love it! Hugs and kisses to all1

Robin said...

Happy Birthday Lily! We all love you here in Cold Colorado! xoxo

Kristen said...

Lily is right, skipping is better! Happy Birthday Lily! We love you so much!

Danielle Bruening said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again! Your stories about your children and family life are always a bright spot to my day!

Linda Austin Hart said...

7. Lily has stick-to-it-iveness: she has persistence and determination. She finishes her work, play projects, and especially her salads. She will be successful in whatever she attempts because she doesn't give up unless it's the best thing to do.
8. Lily is inquisitive. She wants to what, how, when & where. This is a wonderfulquality.
9. Lily is a good singer. Someday she will sing a solo in church.
10. Lily is a doll, cute, beautiful.

that's 10--are you sure she's not 10?