Saturday, July 19, 2008

Cure for Summer Boredom:

Christmas in July!

Any day is a good day for gingerbread right? I turned Michael and Eve loose with a pre-fab gingerbread house kit. I think they enjoyed it, I mean, it is sugar. Who doesn't enjoy sugar? (yeah, Eve is dressed like Sleeping Beauty. I think we had an entire week where she didn't wear "real clothes". I love summer.)
Next, we pulled out toys that haven't had much playtime since Christmas Break... Dressed all the dolls and Barbies again, found missing pieces and parts of games.

We bought about a dozen AA batteries and refreshed all the toys that needed "juice".


We took pictures and made movies. (I have plans this week for a scavenger hunt using cameras! fun!)



We also looked at all sorts of things through the Eyeclops. Moth wings are awesome, pennies- nifty, teething toys- somewhat disturbing... However, if you are remotely vain, or feel young for your age, don't put this up to your cheek. 200% magnification of anybody's cheek isn't pretty. Cool, but not pretty.

And now, for the clincher:
158 Days Till Christmas!!!



5 comments:

Jay and Stephanie Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay and Stephanie Adams said...

oops. I somehow managed to delete my comment. I am soooo computer saavy!! It goes something like...
OK, so first, you are soooo much better at keeping up on this blog thing than I am. Second, Blythe has an eye clops and we, too, sometimes find the things we look at quite disturbing. Teeth that fall out are grossly cool. And third, I think this is the most consistant that we've been in contact in about 7 years!!! That reason alone makes me glad I did this whole thing. I have a WAY too complicated camera now from my Dad that he gave me after he upgraded. (he was a professional photographer 30 years ago, so the lenses alone have me confused)So, soon I will be posting new photos.
Anyway....so glad to see and hear about your beautiful family!!

Lórien said...

What a fun day you are so creative. Now I am wanting that eye clops. We could have hours of fun with such a thing. Love the gingerbread house as well.

Robin said...

i want a picture of the finished summer Christmas house.

Linda Austin Hart said...

ahhh, Christmas in July is a treat. Good for you, mom. I wish I could be a mouse in a corner there, & not just for the sugar.

I think elves and brownies need houses in the summer just as they do in December, so why not gingerbread? yum!

Linda/Mom/Grandma

P.S. I am hoping Michael has Batman, Darth Vadar, or some other absolutely horrible boys' costume he can don to balance out all the femininity in that delightful household. Thank goodness for gummy worms and EyeClops!