Friday, November 28, 2008

Post Turkey Haze.

Or maybe it was the 4 a.m. run to Kohls and K-Mart. Either way, I feel a bit foggy. Here is a photo update of the last few days. I LOVE Thanksgiving. Isn't it wonderful? Today's turkey and cranberry sauce on homemade rolls for lunch was better than the dinner yesterday. It totally hit the spot.

We lucked out with FAMILY to visit us this year. Mom and Bruce arrived Tuesday night (or maybe it was Wednesday morning...) and the Plicka Family was able to spend all day Wednesday with us. The kids adored having COUSINS. I am always amazed and delighted how kids know that cousins are different than just friends. There doesn't seem to be any warm up time-- it is jump right into best friend playing and loving. Poor Ruby and Joey though, Henry is a bit of a bruiser. He doesn't know his own strength! Henry and Joey got along wonderfully! It was fun to see them sit side by side and SHARE toys! Just wait, next time when they are both walking it might be a different story.
Our kids are loving Grammie and Grandpa. Lily has an serious attachment to Grandpa. She has been his shadow! I think we hear at least 20x an hour "I love you Grandpa!" Sweet.

This is part of the reason we ate late. Actually, we planned that, but we really did eat late. I decided to do a "craft" tradition. Who knows if we will keep it up, but it was really fun and turned out really cute. (It is a table cloth.) Henry was a hoot, he really loved me painting his hand, and his little hand print is cute! Guess which one is Lily the Green Lover's?


Making Dinner with someone is so much fun! Eve helped make knot rolls. Yes they are. No their Knot. Yes they are. No, they are Knot Rolls. Yes they are.... it went on and on.
The end.
For today.
Tomorrow you'll see how busy we've been getting December ready to roll!

6 comments:

Robin said...

Knot rolls are the best! No their knot! I love your matching aprons, the look on Dave's face when he holds an electric knife (do you really like those?), the cousin pictures and the table cloth! It looks like such fun and I wish we could have been there. It would have been wonderful.

Becky said...

I'm so glad you got to have family here for the holiday. I know how much you miss your mom. Happy Turkey Day!!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
davers said...

I love the electric knife.

This was the Best Thanksgiving EVER! Thanks to Melissa and Kerren.

Wendy said...

That tablecloth is such a cute idea...do you mind if I copy it? (that is if I remember) It looks like you had a wonderful day. Can't wait for Christmas!

Emily said...

It was heavenly to see you. ;-) We miss you already. The tablecloth is adorable, I like the idea and may adopt it.