
The other morning she climbed in my bed. It was early and I was trying to stay asleep. She gently brushed my hair away from my ears and whispered, "Your earrings are enchanting Mommy." I smiled in my "sleep."
During Family Home Evening: "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! (this continues till you respond) Your hair is so cool, it looks like a nest!"
We found a very very sparkly pair of flip flops at the dollar store, She said "ooooh!" then in an almost whisper low voice, "High Style!" LOL! She says this whenever she is dressed up or something is pretty. Where does she get this stuff?
I was making the beds and she said, "I'll put on the finishing touches" as she put the pillows on.
On Easter Sunday: "Look Mom, those flowers are me. I'm Easter Lily!"
Tonight: "This kitchen certainly is dirty. Henry is so precilicious." I love that new word! He is!
Another one tonight, during dinner: "This soup is Gre-en (2 syllables) JUST LIKE ME!" She adores Green!
Most common phrase "Isn't that great Mommy!" All the time! With a look of complete Joy, shoulders pulled up, eyebrows so cute, Joy!
On our trip to DC, we stopped under a tree. It was very quiet and still except for the song of a robin. We gazed up and listened, it was a sweet moment. I saw Henry's face light up with recognition as he saw the bird through the blossoms, and Lily's face--- it was awesome! She GLOWED when she realized that lovely song was coming from that lovely bird!
Lily is intense. It is probably the best adjective to describe her. She is intensely joyful, intensely sad, intensely talkative, INTENSE! I think everybody should get a Lily. At least for a few days. She would wear you out though. :) I'm ready for bedtime Every Single Night!Lastly... I smile whenever I hear this song. I sometimes feel sad that she has such a popular "trendy" name. Even though I've loved it forever, I almost didn't want to name her Lily and have her be one of a "field of Lilies" in school... however, this song makes me remember a field of Lilies wouldn't be so bad. :)
Consider the sweet tender children
Who must suffer on this earth
The pains of all of them he carried
From the day of his birth.
He clothes the lilies of the field,
He feeds the lambs in His fold,
And he will heal those who trust him,
And make their hearts as gold."
I hope my Lily always knows that He Knows Her.
Here is the story of the man who wrote those lyrics, it is very m moving!



12 comments:
That was so sweet Melissa! I am glad you have a Lily!
Beautiful. I want a Lily, too. She is wonderful! Like all of your kids.
How lovely! And how we LOVE Lily! She is precious beyond description. Each time I hear "Consider the Lilies" I get all teary . . . now I'll be even more over the edge. What a blessing to treasure moments with her and savor memories about her. Each age and stage is so fleeting! Every child ever born should be so adored. And to think you have five equally adored, precious children. Such blessings, every one of them.
Consider the Lilies is my favorite album by the MTC. I love the Lily vignettes. She's so cute. I want to come over and photograph her (and Henry who is just delicious). I told Dave on Sunday that I need to come over right after church some Sunday and photograph your kids while they are dressed so cute.
Lily lights up whenever she sees me now since she recognizes me. I love it. Intense was always the word to describe me too. She reminds me a lot of me. Maybe that's why I am drawn to her so much.
Is there any chance of us getting together this week? I would love it. Also, Jeff and I want to come by some evening or Saturday just to visit for a bit. Now that I can, I am loving getting out and being social. So fun.
Now everyone knows why Gabe loves Lily. he really does love her. I'm going to go read the link about the man who wrote the song.
That was one of the most beautiful posts I have ever seen, read, and heard. I love that song. It has been a favorite of mine since I first heard it 4 or 5 years ago. And now I love it more! I'm so glad beautiful, intense Lily has you for a mom!
-Amy
Wasn't it lovely that I wrote this yesterday? Today it wouldn't have been as sweet! She is pushing my buttons! If the gypsies come a knockin' she better watch out...
I love Lily! She reminds me so much of my little sister!
Melissa, you are so good at your blog! Every entry is beautiful, fun, and inspiring. Any chance you would take over mine for me?
hi i tagged you!!
What stories to treasure - I agree, everyone needs a Lily! The song has always been one of my favorites and thank you for sharing the story behind it - I had never heard it. Those "Lily-isms" just spread her joy and are great for re-reading on those days when buttons are being pushed!
Thanks for such a special post. (Newark Sally)
How wonderful! And a beautiful Lily she is!
Great photos btw!
Beautiful post about a precilicious daughter. Give her a dozen kisses from me.
Post a Comment