Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Pagan Part.


We love Easter. It is fun! It is fun to think about a giant bunny that hops from house to house leaving goodies in honor of Christ's Resurrection. Strange. We had an Easter egg hunt at the church that was fun, and Eve won a drawing in her class for a soft and cuddly green bunny. We had a lovely dinner with good friends and church was wonderful.

We also (ok me, not we) love getting all dressed up and having an excuse to make things cutesy. I didn't get any great family pictures though... who knew 10 jelly beans in a basket could cause so much enthusiasm and movement?!


You might have noticed Henry missing in the egg coloring pictures. Yikes. He is a rascal! He reached up to the counter and spilled on of the cups of egg dye, and was generally just way tooooo into the project. (It took Dave forever to get the dye cleaned up, it spilled into the top of the dishwasher and kept leaking out the front. ugh!) He and I spent the time playing in the play room and staying out of the way.

8 comments:

Sally said...

I LOVE their matching outfits! You find the cutest things. Their smiles are contagious - you can't help but be happy looking at them. I don't envy your spilled dye mess - I think the stuff multiplies when spilt.

Kristen said...

I am so glad you shared this! Your kids are so cute and I love the girls' dresses and hairbands, and even their ruffly socks and white shoes. You miss that stuff when you only have boys. I must add though, that your boys are equally handsome and it is fun to see the enthusiasm on all of their faces and the anticipation as they watch those eggs in the little colored pots.

Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

Ooh! So cute. Are these the target dresses you mentioned on voy? whatever they are, they are adorable. But your children are even more so.

xo

Kerren said...

Thank you for the precious photos and the fun post! Cute, cute, cute from head to toe! Love those flowery hair bows and the curls! The boys are handsome as ever! If things went totally smoothly, there would be nothing to blog about! You have such great material to work with! Love you all! Mom/Grammie

Maren said...

Happy Easter! We did the basket but didn't get around to the dying of Easter Eggs. Oh well, maybe next year. How have you been? It seems forever since I've seen you.

Robin said...

Darling pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful Easter!

Stamps Family said...

It looks like your weekend was great! Thanks for sharing the darling pictures! I miss your family so much! Give everyone hugs from us!

Amy said...

What a happy happy post! We LOVED it! We loved the great expressions- and on such beautiful faces! You were a beautiful sight! And it looks like a fun holiday! We ended up watercoloring our eggs, an idea from Sally, I think. (Our vinegar was missing, and only found after the eggs were colored!) So sorry about your dye to clean up! Ah... parenting! P.S. Your new pretty tablecloth looks so cheery!