Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer food!

Don't you love summer food? Corn and watermelon and cucumbers galore?
I remember sitting at the dinner table with Jenny, Will and Amy and discussing who ate their corn left to right, round and round or totally random bites. The other night we were eating it and I realized I have one of each! Eve actually prefers hers in "corn strips" cut from the cob, she is missing too many front teeth this year. Henry always always always tries munching it while we are husking it, then he refuses to try it once it is cooked-- Silly Boy!

4 comments:

Emily said...

Yes! I love summer food! For lunch I take some tomatoes and basil from the garden, and make caprese salad (mozarella is always on my grocery list in the summer).

YUMMY! I eat side to side. I'm going to watch my kids next time and figure this out.

Kerren said...

I'm not sure which looks the most delicious . . . the corn or the kidlets? I miss those cute faces! Funny about the corn nibbling! I'm trying out a variety of approaches whenever I get the chance; a perfect excuse for more than 1 cob.

Robin said...

rows of about 4 kernals at time. I too will watch the family and see how we all approach the corn. We sure do miss you!

Linda Austin Hart said...

I remember having the same discussion at our patio table when I was a girl. I eat corn in rows like my Grandmother Steimle did. Most the time now, however, I just stand it on its end and cut off all the kernels. Then I suck the cob when I'm done. Alan thinks I'm weird & asks me if I want to munch on his cob as well. And he leaves so much meat hanging on the bones. You can tell I was from a large family because I always eat every last bit of meat off the drumstick and scrape my plate clean as well. If it's really good, and no one is looking, I lick the plate, or bowl.