Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Huh? Dora gets a new look.

Extreme Makeover:

Why?

I know I'm resistant to change. (understatement) but really? Was this necessary?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the upside is that her tummy doesn't hang out of the bottom of her shirt anymore ;)

Kristen said...

Maybe they are trying to say, "look, you can be cute, fashionable, AND smart." Who knows? Do you think the kids care, or was it some other demographic that prompted the change?

Amy said...

Hmm... this was news to me! We see alot more of Diego at our house than Dora. I wonder if he'll get a new look too. Hmm... I'm trying to consider how this will affect little viewers. In an effort to be positive and optimistic I can definitely say I'm happy she is modest. (That isn't a short skirt with tight leggings is it? Or is it? Todays fashions are so borderline!) The new look is cute and very feminine, and more detailed than the old one.
Sadly, many little girls already have too much pressure regarding their looks. I hope the new show content helps build their self-esteem! -Amy

Sally said...

Is this real? If so, I have a problem with it. We need a dora that is innocent and all about geography. Not glamour Dora. It looks like she's wearing makeup. Just another image to make girls think that they need to be cute.

Grr.

Salt H2O said...

I saw this on CNN a few months ago.

it's lame.

Darren and Chrissy said...

Well, I think she's cute. I just hope it doesn't go to her head, and she doesn't turn out like Lindsay Lohan... :)

Melissa said...

Chrissy is funny. I miss you.
I don't know what the plan with her is yet, but I think Amy is on to something, we need girls to know how amazing and great they are. Pretty is nice, but Nice is BEAUTIFUL.

We don't watch Dora. She yells and pretty soon my house is filled with say "SWIPER NO SWIPING" and other shouting phrases. Soon we are yelling everything...

If you want a great laugh watch Brian Regan re-enact how they came up with the Map song... Funny!

Laura said...

What about the monkey? Does it get to be more sophisticated too? Or did they just do away with him? Maybe Dora's too grown up for him now.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I think she looks cute! love the modern look. is this real?

Robin said...

The new look is much more appealing to people who want to market Dora and men. But for children, original Dora seems much more approachable.

Jeralee said...

My youngest likes Dora. I don't think they needed to change her looks. Are they going to change her voice as well? While they were at it, they should have added some boob-age as well. *sigh*

I can't stand when it is on either. I hate it when they yell at the t.v.

LOL