Thursday, June 25, 2009

This week.

I'm pretty much too tired to type. Here is the quick week run-down. I spent today at Cub Scout Day Camp. I love little boys. What fun they are. Here is what I learned:
  • Boys pick their noses, wipe their noses on their shirts and love potty jokes.
  • Boys eat and get food all over their faces and don't notice/bother to wipe it off.
  • Boys "adjust themselves" regularly. It is apparently normal.
  • Boys drink water and then dribble it out to cool themselves. Ok.
  • Boys are tender and feel sad when things don't go their way.
  • Boys reach out and are willing to help a friend.
  • Boys will eat things off the ground if it is yummy enough.
  • Boys like to laugh, play and know they are loved. They love a silly den leader.
  • My boy is just perfect and normal!
Best quote of the day: Scenario: One overly loving boy is hugging and kissing on another, the recipient shouts "Please stop! This is akward!" For some reason I laugh out loud just typing it. Is it as funny as I think? (Or am I just tooo tired?)
Other news: Evie read her first chapter book this week. A Magic Tree House book, she finished it in a day and a half! Hooray for readers. (and no, she doesn't have new glasses, both my girls WANT glasses so they'll wear anything just for looks!)
We started our Summer "Monday Mailday". Be watching for letters, we'll be writing and mailing every Monday... and watching our own mailbox... please respond. Please?
Oh, and in addition to having a major skunk smell in our basement for a week and getting a tad behind on my laundry (eww. stinky!) I've now decided I may never set foot in our "sunroom" (aka: the room where bugs go to die- but this one was alive.)


Oh, and for the few of you that noticed my kids in Sunday clothes making strawberry jam... I figured it was all washable... right?

11 comments:

Emily said...

I love all of it. ;-)

Maren said...

Nice spider. I would like to find that my son is normal in those areas. Having an only child, it is hard to know. We are really enjoying summer so far. Maybe I could bring Reilly by sometime to play (I would stay).

Laura said...

Boys. I never wondered whether mine were normal, I just wondered if they would ever grow out of the things that made them normal boys.

For some reason it's perfectly okay with moms when their little girls love shoes, dolls, play make-up, dress up, toes painted and all that girly stuff. But when the boys want to bring the snails and worms into the house because it's "healthy", we moms don't see it the same.

davers said...

Thanks for doing this honey!
:)

ps - We had a skunk in the basement for a week? Here I thought I got rid of it on day one.

Amy said...

Oh!!!! I love love love love LOVE your list of things to describe boys!! Even having 5 I would take a dozen more! I literally never entered pregnancy "trying for a girl" because I just love little boys so much! Now, I will admit that learning Celestia was getting a sister (Cianna's ultrasound a year ago) brought tears of joy, and I'd definitely take a dozen more girls too!

Cutler & Cache had day camp on Monday this week! They had a great time! Cool to think Michael was doing similar things!

P.S. Love your enthusiasm for good old letters through the mail! We'll try to be good penpals!

davers said...

Note about the spider ... this pic was taken 5 days ago from the inside of the house. The thing was about 3 inches from tip to tip. The body was about 1 inch long. I sucked it up with the vacuum ... the vacuum is still outside.

Stamps Family said...

Looks like a great week and a terrific start to summer! Joseph had a great time at cub scout day camp this week also. Amy was so excited to get amil. Eve can be watching your mailbox for a return letter! Love you all!

Lori, Lorelei, Lore said...

Okay, about the spider. It was huge. My sister had a big one in her bathroom in Connecticut. Do you think spiders are invading us? Cause I really don't like the idea of that! I'm just saying....

Sally said...

The pictures of scout camp were awesome. I swear that M looks just like David in the picture where he's shooting the arrow.

Nathan loves the Magic Treehouse books. I would like to get some recommendations from you on books for him.

I hope we get some mail!

Synergy Girl said...

What a cutie family you have! I love the blurb about the boys...you know...since I have three of them! Well, hopefully the spiders don't chase you out of your house...EWW!!

Linda Austin Hart said...

ok! I am finally caught up on my sunshineysoul blog reading! I actually read this one, and the preceeding ones, a few weeks ago, but I was traveling & sharing someone else's pc & didn't have time to leave comments. I love your blog!