I love today! I love celebrations and Holidays and my Sweethearts Birthday!We kicked off the morning with our annual pancake breakfast and parade. Four Vetrans from our ward posted the colors, and each wore the hat from their service. It brought tears to my eyes.
Next we had some entertainment! Dave and some other men in our ward sang for us. It was beautiful! (Please pardon my filming. In fact, if you are inclined to get motion sickness, just close your eyes and enjoy the second movie. Henry was in my arms and WIGGLY, then when I set him down he stood at my legs and shook me!)
Our family was asked to "do a little something". We must just be so entertaining to watch during sac meeting we were an easy target!

About these pictures--Yum! I think Henry ate more than the rest of us combined! Lily was rather annoyed when the parade started, with her in the center of the action, and all the kids rode off and she was left there with a cute new shirt, a fancy decorated trike and only one pedal. (Yes. Only one pedal. I knew it too... as soon as we got the church it dawned on me, but we weren't going back for it...) She was "just for looks", and what a cute look she is!
Now we are prepping for the next party for our own Yankee Doodle Dandy, then on to a block party and Fireworks!
Happy 4th of July! Hope yours is as fun as ours!



11 comments:
Awesome rap! Lovely singing, fun photos!
Happy Birthday David!
Oh, I miss the 4th of July in the Newark ward! Ours does nothing like that. You know, it's sad, I only recognize Dave and Jeff. Makes me sad! Where was Bro. Vincent? Darren is of course working all day today, so the kids and I went to see Ice Age and watching Brady bust a gut laughing made my day. Miss you so much! Happy 4th!
Thank you so much for putting these up. I'm gonna *borrow* them and put them on my blog too. I was so disappointed that Jeff didn't tell me they would be singing so I wasn't able to record it myself.
Chrissy, you know Grant, maybe he had more hair a few years ago. (I'm laughing out loud at my own joke. Oh so funny!) Also, the guy between Dave and Jeff is the grown up version of Ryan John. :)
This was so fun to read. David has a beautiful voice (Happy B-Day David!), and the rap was really cute!
I love your collage and think the picture of Jane in the top right corner is awesome! In fact, all of them are darling! I miss your family tons!
I love this! It's almost like being there! You sure do know how to celebrate! Hope David enjoyed his birthday! We sure enjoyed his song and the rap! (watched it over and over!) The 4th of July in Star was fantastic too. Wish we could have done it all together!
You know, we'd been wishing for some fresh patriotic music! Thanks! That was awesome! It was great to see your family rap! Your such a beautiful family!
...and...
Happy Birthday to you Uncle Dave! Hope it was great!
Oh, I remember that 4th of July parade at the church. Our ward doesn't to that here:(
AWESOME RAP!!
I am so impressed! Brave AND intelligent!
Totally awesome. I can't wait to show the kids tomorrow. Way to go!
David, the singing was beautiful. I wish our ward had performances! Especially the singing, that was inspiring.
Well, I finally have some tech connection and was able to view your celebration blog. I LOVE this holiday, and your report was fantastic! My favorite songs followed by the very impressive rap presentation was just over the top good! Those little paraders were so cute, but I wanted to spread them out in a line and look closely at each one. Is it just my age, or do things just zip by too quickly for anyone else? Happy Birtheay once again to Dave! Love you all!
yep, I'm still catching up on the blog posts. This was a clever! rap
Post a Comment