and all through the house, not a child was sleeping not even the mouse. (actually, no, I think we got rid of him.)
The backpacks were waiting right by the front door, only thing missing- dry erase markers, I need 3 more.
The children were bathed, the clothes all set out, Michael a 5th grader with lots of clout.
Eve onto first grade, a desk by herself, and books and blocks all sitting nearby on a shelf.
Father's blessings were given, the prayers were all heard, Michael feels excited and happy and not at all absurd.
They'll learn quite a lot, and have plenty of fun, the lunches and homework have just begun.
They'll be good examples and make lots of friends, and before we know it it'll be summer again.
Ok, so I lost my edge after the first stanza.... It is going to be a great school year. Eve's teacher is a wonderful lady and her classroom has one red brick wall with fresh black chalkboards and twinkly white lights... ahh so traditionally schoolish! I love the smell of schools in September.
6 years ago



5 comments:
Ah . . . I love it too! I know how excited all of you are for another new beginning. Michael, Eve, and Janey all have a wonderful year ahead of them . . . and Jane's teacher -- well she's the BEST of all! They're all going to shine and sparkle with new knowledge and wonderful experiences. Some of us just never get enough of school. Is there anything as inviting as a new box of Crayolas or any of those new supplies? I love it that we each get another fresh start each Fall. I will admit to looking forward to the crisp feel of cool autumn air. We still are warmer than we want to be but are in our second week already. Love it! And love you all!
I am impressed! What a poem! I am like you- I love the excitement of the beginning of a new school year! I can't believe Eve is in 1st grade! Scotty just started kindergarten. It's just me and Brady in the afternoons- feels very quiet!
Oh how I love the sight and smell of new office/school supplies! Cute little poem. We have two weeks left, so still hanging onto the last few days of summer!
I'm so glad that Michael doesn't feel absurd! I feel absurd sometimes. The best part of school is the schedule it imposes. Up early, organized and defined meal times, piano practice times, home time, reading time and play time. And the only time we do scripture study consistently is during school. It rarely happens in the summer! Why?
We're almost there, too. School starts August 31. I think we're all getting a little edgy waiting for the new schedule and changes that school brings.
Cute adorable poem!
Post a Comment