When I got home, I found this picture on the kitchen table.

Apparently about 5 minutes after I left Lily had a little "accident"... sitting a foot in front of her potty chair. We are working on it. Boy are we working on it. Tonight's emphasis was on the STOP IT FROM COMING OUT, part of learning to use the potty... Running fast doesn't do any good when it is running down your leg.
Dave says, "I just kept trying to get her to understand that she has to HOLD it in... but It was, It was, Well, it was like reasoning with a 2 year old."
Hmmmm. Quite like it.



10 comments:
Grammie says, "Positively adorable! Isn't it ironic that they are so irresitble at the same time they're so impossible? Just gotta love her!" Thanks for sharing. Are these Eve's drawings? Jane's? Michaels? They're classic and timeless!
I looked at the picture before I read the post. I thought the woman in the first row was sad that she was having a baby (her water broke). thankfully, the second row of pictures set me straight and I realized this was a resource potty-training tool. I loved it. And glad that David is not teaching your kids about how water breaks and labor is painful. That's a little heavy for a bedtime story.
How was back to school and enrichment? Sounds like a party to me!
Mom, Those are Dave's illustrations. :) If Jane had drawn them, they would be wearing earings, bracelets, rings and necklaces. If Eve had drawn them, their clothes would be striped, flowered or polka dotted. Either girl would have made sure there was either a crown or a bow on their head.
BTSN was great, the kids each have really cheerful teachers who are doing a great job. (I made Caramel when I came home for apple dipping to send to each teacher tomorrow with juicy apples from the orchard)(That sentence doesn't make any sense!) I got to Enrichment night just in time to visit for an hour before coming home. :)
We miss Milburn orchard, especially this time of year. I think you should DEFINITELY get that haircut. (sorry Dave.) You have the prettiest face and that cut is so cute. Oh, and Darren and I were LOL about the chili cookoff, and how your soup looked like vomit, and how adding corn didin't help. Whenever I was pregnant and felt sick and actually WANTED to throw up, I would think about canned corn, and it somehow made me nauseated enough to throw up. anyway, havent' checked your blog in a while, but loved it. Miss you my sweet friend.
Only from the brain of an engineer!
"Newark" Sally
Awesome! I hope it works!
OK, so that caramel (and apple) was incredibly yum. Thank you so much for thinking of me. It made my day. I wish I could've seen you for a minute though (I was probably even up for it). Maybe one of these days.
just read all your posts for the last 4 weeks & looked at all the pictures . We've been living (surviving) in the basement while the upstairs is being renovated and I'm finally getting around to reading everyone's blogs. You are such a great blogger! I loved catching up.
I can just imagine Lily's expression of bewilderment. And i recognized David's art work right off!
said...
Eeek! The second to the last image ("Stop Tinkle!")is scary. No wonder it didn't work.
:p
Post a Comment