Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Should I?

I know it is "trendy". I know it's not low maintenance (like my current eternally pulled up "style") (Who am I kidding? What I have isn't really a style...) I know that it I would keep it tucked behind my ears creating a more Triangle Head.... but man, I want a change! My hair is at that funky post-baby phase where it is still falling out by the handfuls and new baby hair is about an inch long standing straight up! I am tired of finding hairs in my soup (and everywhere else.) Plus this chick is sporting that "peek-a-boo" eye thing. Cool, I'd only need to do eye make up on one eye. Perk.






I'm pretty sure it fits in the category of "hairstyles Dave doesn't like" (neck-length that covers the ears. He says he doesn't trust people when you can't see their ears. They must be hiding something... like people who smile with their mouths open. Cant be trusted.) (That was all a direct quote, he is sitting right here.) Probably I'll stick with my thinning shaggy messy bun.

9 comments:

Lórien said...

Ok.......I LOVE it. Love the color, the cut, everything. I say go for it, as long as it doesn't wreck the marriage :-) I think it would look adorable on you.

Sally said...

the messy bun is actually all the style right now. Even Sarah Palin wears it. You are actually tres chic and you didn't know it!

I am too much of a realist to recommend a high-maintenance haircut, but if you are tired of what you have, chop of 4 inches and get highlights! You can still stick with the basic cut, but shorter length does wonders to make you feel lighter and cuter. (and it makes you look younger, unless you go too short.)

If you do, please take before & after pictures.

And be careful, you don't want this to happen to you:
http://stiesthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/08/apparently-i-just-dont-speak.html
and
http://stiesthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/08/shelby-was-right-it-does-look-like.html

Karen said...

I have a friend with this cut. She loves it. I think you would too. I am always for new styles. :)

Anonymous said...

I think you have really cute hair now. You always look so pulled together, but I do love the new picture. I say go for it. Dave, will see how wonderful you look and love it:-)

Robin said...

DO IT! I think it is darling and you have the perfect face for that cut. David will still trust you and he will get over it.

Also, that style looks great on the 2nd day, so it is actually LESS maintenance. Right? Besides, it is long enough that you can clip the long bangs back and still look cute or even pull it up into your get-house-work-done bun.

And if you hate it? It will grow out fast.

Wendy said...

It is trendy, but I have the curly version of this hair style... well I'm still working on getting it cut exactly how I want it. I also have a friend with the same hair cut (straight) and I think it looks adorable! I say go for it! It will ALWAYS grow back!

Sally said...

I think that cut is adorable - I'd definitely consider that style. You always look so classy - I can't imagine you looking bad in any haircut (ok, maybe not rooster spikes in rainbow colors).

"Newark" Sally

davers said...

I saw this picture and felt really bad for her ears. Doesn't she know how they must feel, being hidden like that?!

People! Be not ashamed for your ears! Ears are beautiful, if only on the inside ... ears are people too!

davers said...

Score one for Sally Peel!

http://stiesthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/08/shelby-was-right-it-does-look-like.html

I like.

See the difference? Ears people! You can see her ears!

I think there's a scripture somewhere about "Be ye not ashamed of the ears of your head" or "Neither do women hide their ears and keep it under a bushel, but upon a head with hair swept back" or "let your light so shine that they may see your ears and glorify ..."

Something like that. I haven't found it quite yet but I will.