I am so brave.
I was tucking Jane into bed (again) and saw something scoot down her leg, then again it wiggled.
A spider! On my sweet girl! In her bed! eeek! I must act quickly!
I squished it with my bare hands! Then I grabbed a sock and picked up it's dead self and took it into the lighted hallway to inspect it further.
It was a hairband. The stray hair on it looked suspiciously like legs.
It is official. I'm a freak.
6 years ago



14 comments:
Hahaha, I am laughing so hard right now!! That is hilarious!!
SERIOUSLY HILARIOUS - you crack me up! But I will tell you, I have done very similar things. Go you for even attempting to squish an icky spidery thing with your bare hands - regardless if it was real or not. You were willing to for the sake of your child. I honestly don't know what I'd do - grab something close to me to get it maybe.
You are a knight at the round kitchen table. You are a noble warrior battling bugs for your children. Bugs that turn out to be hairbands. But the saying goes "it's the thought that counts" and you were brave enough to rescue her from her hairband! Way to go, mama!
Funny! And so completely understandable! If there's a parent somewhere who hasn't had a similar experience, they just have a poor memory. My "spider in the bed" memories still make me smile. Remind me to tell you (again) about Will's "come to the rescue" event for you, Jenny and Amy when you were tiny girls. No wonder you're so brave! Love you! Mom
Did you tell you kids? I bet they would think that was funny!
Sally's comment was awesome "knight at the Round Table Kitchen".
Thank goodness it wasn't in her hair... :P
Eek - can't stand spiders! You were brave - just think, it could have been real.
Newark Sally
Good one! Done that before :)
Ok, that is hilarious! I do stuff like this all the time and my husband mocks me. I've thought that this same spot on the wall was a spider 4 or 5 times.
LOL! That is something I don't need to worry about having all boys!
You go Melissa! What is so funny is that it's something I would do. You robably didn't have your glasses on. I am afraid of sock lint without my glasses on. I am such a wimp though, I wouldn't touch it with my bare hands. I probably would have gotten a shoe and tried to beat it to death, and then would have accidentally smacked my child and everyone would be in tears...
I am sure I wouldn't have handled it as well as you.
And we just had that discussion with KK about spiders! EEEEK! ;-)
Glad we could all have a good laugh at me... I mean with me. With me. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has killed lint. (or a ponytail band in this case)(and I was contact-less and it was dark.)
Yes, our discussion about Kristen nearly having her leg amputated from spider bites the night before was fresh in my mind.
:)
I love to see your beautiful family and kow that you are all doing well. Cute blog
Post a Comment