I made pumpkin cookies. They were wonderful. The house smelled all spicey and pumpkinish and the warm carmel icing on top was perfect. Only problem, when I went to photograph them for "the blog" this is what I found:
We love conference. We try really hard to listen to all the talks. The kids are amazing. They sit still and reverent, for 8 hours in 2 days, without squirming or fussing or asking for food or anything. We are so righteous.
Ok, maybe this is more what it looked like. We do love General Conference though! (and I think the kids did some listening... it is like that doodling during a lecture theory-- more goes in your brain if you are doing something???) (Maybe.)
Last of all, and nothing to do with fall, but HOORAY For a temple in Philly! I am so excited. (and Hooray for the other 4 locations. My dear friend Chrissy in KC will LOVE LOVE LOVE not driving 4+ hours to St. Louis.)

Oh, and nothing again to do with fall, but we all must cheer loudly for Lily who finally got it in the potty training department today. (seriously huge development, we have been working on it for over a month with-- maybe 2 successes. Today she filled in 7 squares on her chart!!!) (Time to plan the party with her favorite friend-- our sitter Heidi!)



11 comments:
Yippeeee! Hooray for Lily, and the whole village that got involved in the process! She's a big girl now! Loved the photos of the weekend. I just love these "stay at home Sundays" and enjoyed the positive messages of unity and hope! Love you all!
Mom XOXOXOX
Ok, after years of going to church to watch conference, I thought it was neat that we get to sit at home and watch conference on our comfy couch. But Lily has really got it made. She can go potty right there in front of the TV. Now that's convenient! What a great day- collecting leaves and making pumpkin cookies. They must have been yummy!
I am soooo happy for Lily (and you)!!! Conference was really wonderful this weekend. Your family is so lucky we don't have any trees in our yard, so we have to go to the park to see pretty leaves or maybe we will just come visit you.LOL:)
So glad to see that your kids are still and quiet during conference. Surely they learned from my boys. I had to run upstairs for something - gone only 30 seconds - and came downstairs to find a full out wrestling match.
Congrats to Lily, and your leaf plate is beautiful.
We are thrilled by the Philly temple announcement. That is so exciting.
I definitely have the belief that I absorb more if I am doing something right-brainish while watching conference. This time it was cross-stitch. I think next time I might get some sort of fun project for Reilly to put together during conference. I think that will really help.
I want to come back and see the temple as soon as it's done. Our big boys did a good job finding something quiet to do during conference... coloring, putting dino skeletons together..has nothing to do with church, but they were quiet! Yea for Lily. I just got an inkling that I need to start the dreaded potty training with Ben. We'll see how it goes!?!
yeah for Lily! Yeah for temples close by! Yeah for fall! Yeah for conference! Yeah for pumpkin cookies!
Big Kudos to Melissa. It took an amazing mother with boundless patience this time to help Lily reach this milestone.
Yay for Lily!! And yay for Melissa! Did you ever hear Paige's method for potty training? *All* of the kids get a tiny treat every time the baby potties. Theoretically, mom can just sit back and relax while the older children take care of potty training. We'll be trying it with Lainey when that time comes...I'll let you know how it goes. :)
Your kids are so cute and I would love to spend a day watching conference with them.
Ok, seriously, laughed out loud. I loved this post. Hysterical. Yeah for a new temple close to us!
Melissa,
Cute pictures! How are you related to Kory, from Welcome to my Soapbox?
Thanks for your input at thevote08!
Post a Comment