Dinner is finished, the dishes are done, the kids are ready for bed and playing nicely. And Dave sits down and fills our home with this. He amazes me and I love him.
I was just showing "my" Dave this post and I asked "why don't you play like that for our family?" He just laughed...then I said "you can get the Guitar Hero out and play a song for us"! Ha Ha Ha! That is great that your husband has that talent, not many do!
Oh my goodness! That was such a nice seranade. No wonder you have immense contentment! How lucky for all of you to have each other. Henry was obviously quite thrilled with it as well. I loved his spontaneous applause. I love you all! Life is SO good! Mom
“The biggest mistake I made [as a parent] is the one that most of us make. . . . I did not live in the moment enough. This is particularly clear now that the moment is gone, captured only in photographs. There is one picture of [my three children] sitting in the grass on a quilt in the shadow of the swing set on a summer day, ages six, four, and one. And I wish I could remember what we ate, and what we talked about, and how they sounded, and how they looked when they slept that night. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book, bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less” Anna Quindlen
7 comments:
great! I didn't realize he played. I guess I should of known. :) (katie wants to comment also)....I love the music! I didn't realize he played either.
I was just showing "my" Dave this post and I asked "why don't you play like that for our family?" He just laughed...then I said "you can get the Guitar Hero out and play a song for us"! Ha Ha Ha! That is great that your husband has that talent, not many do!
Beautiful. I wish we had a piano, I would love to mess around and Jason knows 1 really beautiful song.
I love Sunday afternoons/evenings that go like that.
Oh my goodness! That was such a nice seranade. No wonder you have immense contentment! How lucky for all of you to have each other. Henry was obviously quite thrilled with it as well. I loved his spontaneous applause. I love you all! Life is SO good!
Mom
Aw schucks. It warn't nuttin. I'm the lucky one.
Okay, enough ooey-gooey talk. People are going to stop visiting your blog, Melissa.
(but really, I am the lucky one).
Great music, and just a small sample of his many compositions (which I'd like to have on a cd)!
So nice to have calm music in the evening.
Post a Comment