Saturday, October 11, 2008

TOFW



Today some wonderful friends and I ventured into Philly for Time Out for Women. It was wonderful! The speakers were uplifting, the music was tearjerking and the company was fantastic. Miracle of all miracles we found cheap parking in the city and I didn't cave and buy all manner of Deseret Book stuff. (so appealing though.)

When I told Lily I had been at Time Out all day, she said "They spank yo bottom momma?" Nope, no spankings. I do have a joyful life though. And, I am filled up again to be better at this thing called Motherhood.


TOFF

Time out for Fairies was happening downstairs from us. Very interesting. I bet they were wondering what a bunch of Mormon women have to gab about all day, just like we were wondering what on earth a Panel Discussion with Adults dressed like Fairies would be like. Strange. Notice the people dressed like trees? odd. And the man with wings??? So glad I had my camera so I could blog it.

8 comments:

Sally said...

Sounds awesome! I want to go. With you!

Robin said...

Who had the best attendance TOFF or TOFW?

Karen said...

I have been gone too long. I don't recognize anyone, except becky, with you! Looks fun.

Melissa said...

Karen, the girl with the baby is Heather Mullins (married now), the other two are new in the past year or two. Our ward has certainly changed...

Robin, It is hard to say who had the better turn out. In downtown Philly, I can also say I'm not sure who was more conspicuous, large groups of Mormon women with TOFW bags or men and women with wings. Toss up.

Darren and Chrissy said...

Time out for Fairies sounds tempting-- Sydney, Janey, Eve and Lily would have enjoyed it! I went to TOFW in KC last year. It is wonderful. It makes you feel so good about being a woman, wife, sister, and mother. The church is wonderful! MIchael and Jeff Mc CLean did the music and I fell in love with them. Looks like you had fun!

Maren said...

I am glad you got to go. Lorien went and she blogged about it too. It sounds like it was great. Wish I could've been there!! I don't recognize the 2 on the left either, but probably know their names as I've heard of a lot of the new families.

Lórien said...

This cracked me up! We too, were enamored by the jingly faerie people. And how did I not run into you! I didn't see anyone but Heather. It was a great time. So glad it was close enough to go to.

Linda Austin Hart said...

I wonder what ousiders were thing when they hearf ther was a Time Out for Fairies..............hmmmm.