Lily says Flumb instead of thumb. I am going to miss it when she wants me to kiss her thumb.
Michael got a haircut this week. He looks great. Not too short, just right. Kids on the bus said he looked stupid. Why are kids so mean? He started Chess club and lost his first 3 games and was totally thrilled with the experience anyway. I think "kid" might be the definition of resilience. He went off to school today to wear his suit coat as narrator in one play and my apron as Mom in another play. Resilience.
I woke up at 4:00 and couldn't sleep. I need to write a list. I grabbed a pencil and paper on my side table, wrote down "WRITE LIST" then went back to sleep. Tis the season for madly writing lists.
Jane loves accessories. She often has freckles scotch taped to her nose and cheeks. She is funny, she'll wear my prescription glasses for long periods of time, just for looks. The other day I heard her say, "Here Eve, try ON Mom's glasses and look at the Christmas lights, it makes them all blurry." I laughed because I have always said, "When I take my glasses OFF the Christmas lights are pretty and blurry." :)
The end. There will be a very very extremely braggy "My baby is no longer a baby but a brilliant TODDLER" post coming as soon as I can get movies going. Dang he is charming.



8 comments:
What a cute post. Fun things to know about your kids!
Oooohhh! Can't wait for the post about Henry. He is so cute. I hope there will be lots of pictures.
How can it already be Dec. 5? How? Why aren't there 40 days in december and Christmas could be the 35th? I would gladly trade some days in January for a few more in December.
Need pictures of cute haircut Michael. I hate it when children are mean to each other.
When I was little, a boy in my neighborhood (Kevin) picked on me. Once I came home crying and David was home. He went out and did the tough-threatening-big-brother routine and scared Kevin from ever bugging me again! It was awesome.
Kevin was really mean. I remember him. He was a bully.
I love the flumb and freckles on tape (you already know how much I adore Jane. My Fav.).
Good post. Michael is such a good kid...Max always refers to other kids who are good like "Michael"...cute, huh?
I'm with Sally: want pictures! short haircut with suitcoat on, freckles on Jane, and lots more pics of those adorable kids!
I used to wake up ALL the time at 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 in the morning and make lists. About once a week I'd just get up and stay up the rest of the night, keeping busy, so I could cross some of those things off that list.
I loved those early AM hours when all the kids & their dad were asleep and there was no one to interrupt or hassle me. I'd get so much done. Or I'd just enjoy the quiet and read.
Sometimes (not as often)I still do it, and then I'm ready to climb back in bed about the time the sky starts getting light 6:00-6:30. One of the joys of being empty nesters is you can sleep as late as you want.
Lovely "random" thoughts. Deep thoughts, really, and profound. Life is such a joy, and your precious "brilliant" children delight me beyond words. Love you! Mom
I LOVE all the videos! He is so Dang cute - I can't get over how much he reminds me of my sisters little one. Ok...I was NOT refering to YOU in my post about all the "old" ladies at Twilight!!! I re-read that and I think I need to edit it! I was actually thinking of a few grandma's I saw. They were probably there with their grandaughters - Which is cool. My grandma totally read the books and would probably have gone with me too!!! (You are NOT old!)
Post a Comment