Friday, December 19, 2008

upright.

Henry has been toddling for a while now. Yesterday he decided it was a better mode of transportation. He had been walking from A to B, then dropping and crawling into the next room. Now I look up to see him walking down the hall or coming from the kitchen to the dining room. He can turn directions and round corners.

Sigh.

It is the cutest, deliberate stepping.

sigh.

My baby is growing up.

sigh. I can tell though, by the sound of his plodding whether he is walking or crawling. Don't you love the sound of each of your kids motions. I can tell you who is bouncing through the house based on their footsteps. Jane never walks. Never.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those sounds . . .and all the others that we miss out on as our children & grandchildren are too far away. How grateful I am that you cherish these tender moments and appreciate each of your precious children. In the words of your brother (who's sounds I also miss) "Stay amazed! I love you all.
For another moment of laughter, check out the following: http://blogs.northlandchurch.net/2008/08/11/the-mom-song/
It makes me miss my own mom after all these years! I hope it works!
Mom

Wendy said...

It is a vicious cycle when you want you kids to grow up and accomplish new and exciting things...but you don't want them to grow up and not need as much care from "mom"!

Linda Austin Hart said...

Oh, Melissa! This post just tickles me. Joey arrived 2 nights ago and he is just at that "can't decide if I should take another step" stage. He watches Lainey giggle as she runs on her tiptoes and has "maybe I should try it" written all over his face. What a joy it would be to watch all 3 of them together!

Becky said...

I love to see little ones when they are still woobly. It is so cute to watch them stagger around. Just remember change is good. I know it is hard to let go of the baby, but he is becoming a little boy.