Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Two Hands.


As of today, Genevieve Noelle needs 2 hands to tell how old she is.

Six.

I can't get through a December 23rd without tearing up. Her birthday is special, her existence is wonderful and a testament to the power of prayers, miracles of modern medicine and Priesthood Blessings. Evie is a precious girl. Thoughtful and kind and keenly aware of others needs. She had a rough start, but wow, she is amazing.

6 Pictures.

Day One. What kind of welcome to the world is this?
Day 2. The world is equally as harsh as day 1. Maybe more so, but she got to hear Michael and Jane sing songs to her.


First Christmas, 2 days old. I love how they propped her wires and tubes up with Reindeer and Santa Beanie Babies and she was "swaddled" without any blankets messing with her.
Four and pretty as Fancy Nancy.
Five, Fresh and glowing.
Six. Smart and Sweet.

(You can tell when we went digital and when we were hooked on film. Ok, I was hooked on film. We are missing a few years there.)

Happy Birthday Sweet Eve,

9 comments:

Kerren said...

Wow! What a love! My thoughts & emotions have been on the same wave-length all day as we celebrated her b-day way out here in Utah. Check my blog for further comments:
live&learn-Kerren@blogspot.com
And. . . thanks for having her and all of her siblings! Love you all!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Er ... I don't look that smart in the fourth picture, do I ? Sorry. :) Michael

Karen said...

Wow. Has it been six years already? She is a sweetie.

Robin said...

We were talking about Eve on Christmas Eve. Everytime I tell that story about how you got to hold her the first time and sang, "I am a child of God" it makes me tear up.
Happy Birthday Eve!

Sally said...

I can remember Charlie and I including Eve in our prayers and it seemed like everyone in the ward was too. To look at her now, it's hard to believe she had such a rough start. Eve has the most gorgeous hair of any child I've ever seen!

Holly said...

I was able to sit down with Robin at our Christmas Eve party, and she told me a little more about your experience with Eve. That must have been so hard! You are my new hero--my experience with Tucker was the hardest thing I've ever been through, but it was nothing compared to what you went through! I'm so glad everything turned out okay, and what a miracle that she is 6 years old now! Congratulations, and Happy Birthday to Eve!

Melissa said...

Holly, Thank you. Whenever I get feeling sorry for myself, I think I just need to go walk the halls of a Children's Hospital. Instant Perspective. We have been so blessed and Eve is a delight in our family. I'm so glad Tucker is doing well, and what you went through WAS HARD! Having a sick baby and feeling helpless is so hard.

I think of how you have worked so hard to breastfeed T, and I remember pumping in the middle of the night, cold and lonely and scared. But, it was the absolute only thing I could do for Eve, and no one could get me to stop, or convince me it wouldn't work. (I had a very non-supportive Lactation Consultant.) I'm sure you felt similar feelings with Tucker.

He is such a doll. :)

Kristen said...

Oh, Eve... she holds a very dear place in my heart! What a wonderful triumph it is that she is celebrating her 6th birthday! I love that sweet girl. Give her a huge hug for me.

Thanks.

davers said...

Eve amazes me. As much as I'd share in the credit for the kind of girl she is, I can't. Without a doubt she's been a blessing to our family from the day she was born, and in so many ways.