
Seven years ago this week we moved to this area! During our first Sunday here we found an old friend of mine named Carol. Carol and I had been in Primary together as little girls in Idaho, and then we met again at church in Delaware! Small World. Anyway... she and her husband invited us apple picking at a local orchard. We had a great time and have been every year since-- in fact, we bought a house just down the road from the orchard! It is a great thing to do, you ride on a tractor-pulled-wagon out to the orchards and pick the best, juiciest apples! We go through pounds and pounds of apples each week in the fall! We eat them whole, slice them, dice them, peel them, cook them and just plain thoroughly enjoy them!

I'm pretty sure I have a picture of me or Dave with Jane in that backpack next to the very same tree. Well, maybe not the very same tree.... sigh, time flies.
7 comments:
Yum! Sweet juicy kids! ...I mean sweet juicy apples!
Hi Melissa
Don't know if you remember me from Elkton-I love lurking and have been thinking for sometime about commenting, but when you posted about Milburn's, I just had to. Aside from missing all the people in the area, we miss the apples almost as much. You have a great family. Lilly was born around the time we moved so I never got to see her. Cute, Cute, Cute. All growing so big!
I miss apple picking there! We went every year also, and we haven't found another place like it! We go thru tons of apples also... Yummy!
That looks so fun. Your kids are adorable, as always!
I remember around the time when you moved here. You came over to the Cluff's house in the evening and we hung out on the grass outside. Michael was little and Jane was the cutest baby. My how time flies.
We look forward to apple season at Milburn's every year. It is one of the highlights of Autumn for us. I used to take my brother and his family there each fall. Such fun. We are still waiting for cider. They have the donuts, but not the cider yet.
I love apples - plain, dipped in caramel, baked, and my favorite, apple dumplings. Isn't Milburn Orchards great!!! I'm so glad you've been here for these years - you have been an inspiration to me. Any ideas how we can get Carol back too? I love it when the church feels like a "small world". It's fun to meet up with people again.
Newark Sally
Don't you love Fall!? I feel it in the air and it's wonderful!
Post a Comment