Tuesday, October 28, 2008

3 years ago.


Three Years ago this very minute I had a "contraction". I didn't really think it was one, but my in-laws were here and I was tired of being pregnant, so we went to the hospital. Roughly 25 minutes and a handful of labor pains later Lily Katherine made her wonderful arrival into this world. She was in a hurry and hasn't stopped since.


Here are 3 things I love about Lily.
  1. Lily has amazing eye brows. You don't really notice them because she is so blond, but they are amazing and expressive. She has many beautiful features, but they are my favorite. I love it when they are like straight little lines, angling up with a look of concern. So cute.
  2. Lily is cuddly. Very cuddly. As a newborn she loved to swaddle. Tonight, on her 3rd Birthday, I can guarantee that her daddy wrapped her tight in a blanket. Cuddling is one of the things she does best. Hugging too, but that would be 4 things and she is only 3. They are kinda the same though right?
  3. Lily is funny. She talks all.day.long. She keeps me company and laughing from morning till night. I love it when she wakes up at 3 a.m. and sings Give Said the Little Stream, then goes back to sleep. I love to hear her telling Herry (her "n" is ... um... subtle") That she To-ally (subtle "t") Loves him and he is a Beauful (subtle "t"and "i" again) Boy.

I found a journal entry from about 2 1/2 years ago, and I think it is true today. I wrote:

Lily is Like Sunshine in a body. She just radiates happiness, warmth and light, you can't help but feel better by being in her presence.

Happy Birthday Sweet Lily Cakes!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Lily Kate! We love and miss you like everything! You are such a precious and adorable little girl. It is hard to believe that you're three years old. . .Yet I cah hardly remember life before you.
The photo is perfect, Lissa. Thanks so much for sharing her with all of us! We love you all!
Mom XOXOXOXO

Wendy said...

You are such a sweet mom... hence your sweet children. I love your family and hearing about all of the wonderful love you have in your home!

Robin said...

Oh, Lily is a wonderful girl! The Smiths love and adore her.

Happy Birthday Beautiful Lily!

Emily said...

I love those expressive eyebrows! It is amazing and beautiful how Lily is so loving to everyone, even siblings who might not always make life easy. She is such a lover and nurturer. I love you Lily!

Sally said...

Lily is loved by her cousins in California!

davers said...

Agreed! She is the most expressive of all our children, which makes it really hard to be upset at her when she needs some kind of consequence (which is rare). She's a ray of sunshine, and whenever she storms around the house (which also is rare and always short lived) there's a ray of sunshine just waiting to peak through and have fun. I really love that about her.

Linda Austin Hart said...

I love Lily sooooooo much! She reminds me of Kristen as a baby and little girl with her happy disposition, her ready smiles, and expressive eyes. Her birthday present, & Henry's, from G&G Hart is in the mail and should arrive there any day.....a littlel ate, but full of love. I wish I could be there to see her open it!

Linda Austin Hart said...

P.S.
And, being there for her birth 3 years ago is a Precious Memory for both of us!! It seems like 1 year ago, not 3......but my visit there last May seems like 3 years ago. tooo toooo long.

Melissa said...

You know Linda. If you and Alan hadn't been here, I would not have gone to the hospital when we did. I really didn't think it was "labor"... but you were here and it was easy to hop in the car, knowing our kids were safe and sound. Good thing we left when we did! It was a blessing to have you here.

We miss you. May does seem like a loooonnggg time ago.

Kristen said...

I don't know how I missed this post. I love Lily! I really love her! She is darling, sweet, funny, and energetic. And, I will never forget her singing to me in the morning! Sweet Lily!