In the past 10 days, Henry has gone from Baby to Boy. He has learned some wonderful new party tricks. (However, Momma hasn't learned any new tricks so you have to tilt your head to the side to watch some of these. Sorry. I'll figure it out eventually.)
Stepping Out.
Stand Up! (none of our other kids learned to do this before they walked. They all would crawl to a chair, stand up, then walk. He is so talented!)
Last of all, and probably the cutest, Henry learned an exciting word! He was sitting on Grandpa Bruce's lap, reading about Santa, Bruce has a Fabulous Santa Laugh. Henry looked at the book, said Hohoho! Then slid down off Grandpa's lap, crawled around the couch and pointed to another Santa! It was SO FUN to watch him make the connection.
Of course, shopping with him is a pure delight now, every blessed Santa or Santa Hat or Red and White item earns a hearty HO HO HO. :) Delightful.
Oh, alright, One more. Because this post is already shameless.
An added thought. Glenda and Marcello lost their precious Amanda to SIDS a year ago yesterday. Amanda was a beautiful chubby angel, just a few days younger than Henry. With each new milestone Henry reaches, my heart aches for them. They have since taken their 2 sons back to Brazil. I wish I could tell Glenda how much, how often I think of them all. And how much their strength and testimonies have taught us.



9 comments:
Wow he is a cutie! He seems to be doing everything so soon. I love that age. :) Well, parts of it.
Oh. I really need to hug that boy. I need him to walk to me and then we will celebrate how wonderful he is!
Favorite post this week on the whole darn internet. This was great! I could just gobble him up! He has a little cousin in CA who would sure love to see his moves in person.
I love his smile, laugh, and hohoho.
Hey Mom(and Henry!),
I cannot believe how amazing he is. (And heavy too.I mean Really Really
Really Really Really Really Really Really
very very very very very very very very heavy.Is this the most ever put between two parentheses ?)
Love,
Michael
Great post, Melissa.
Last 24 hours went from "hu hu hu" to "ho ho ho".
And yesterday: "mamamama!"
I wish we had a video of him responding to "no no no" with his "no no no", shaking his head and wagging his finger. That's my favorite one so far even if he is mocking me ... might as well get used to it.
What a darling little boy! We do just adore him -- and all 4 of the others just as much! He is learning so much and so fast! Dave,go for it and make the "no, no, no," video so we can all chuckle with you.
And, Michael -- nice work with the computer. You have "Know how" and computer savy! Way to go!
Love you all,
Mom
Wow, more like in the past 3 days! I was there--and he wasn't walking! What a cutie, I'm glad you posted ALL the videos, because I loved each one. Joe and I watched them together. Thanks for the ho ho ho idea, Joeys working on it. ;-)
Henry is SO adorable. I love his ho-ho-ho. Like you, I thought a lot about the Glenda & Amanda this week. I visited Amanda's grave on her birthday since her family is so far away. Such a dear family and what a horrible heartache for them.
Newark Sally
Oh wow! He is so scrumptious! I love every video! Thank you so much!
Michael, you are very good at posting comments! I am impressed with your computer skills(I also think that you are very good at a lot of other things too, like reading, math, science, big brothering, doing jobs, playing the trombone, making others feel good, helping your mom and dad, feeling the spirit and acting on it, getting on task and staying on task, and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of other things too). Now, I think that was the longest phrase between parenthesis. :)
Post a Comment