Friday, December 26, 2008

Thrity Five.

35 Things about Me.

  1. I finish books. Even if I don't like it. I have to finish it. Not the same for sewing/craft projects though.
  2. I love to dress dolls.
  3. I have a thing for matches. Not the fire kind, but the kids co-coordinated clothing kind. It is actually an illness.
  4. I love traditions. We have traditions for everything.
  5. I like guacamole too, but I only found out last year, now I have 34 years worth of guacamole to catch up on.
  6. I'd play Christmas music 365 days a year.
  7. I adore babies. Adore them. That new baby stage, I think it is heaven.
  8. I don't do paperwork. It is bad and in 2009 I'm going to get better. Please hold me to this.
  9. I dance. All the time. It will be embarrassing for my children someday I'm sure.
  10. I wear lip gloss and earrings all the time. Thanks Mom. I look so cute when the mailman comes and I am still in my pj's.
  11. I cry a lot. A lot. Happy, Sad, you name it, I'll cry with you about it. I'm also a total sympathy crier, I can't be around a crying person without tearing up. (except that crying my kids do when there is nothing to cry about.)
  12. I like tacky things. I have to resist the urge to decorate my home from the Dollar Tree.
  13. I sat for almost 3 hours today on the couch holding a sleeping baby (ok, he isn't really a baby at 14 months and 30something lbs. He is my baby.) I feel NO guilt.
  14. Back to that book thing, I read fast. I read Beck's Christmas book today, didn't love it. (I did go through a lot of tissues though.)
  15. I think I might have more cyber-friends than real life friends. I've been a part of an internet community for over 10 years.
  16. I have lived in Idaho, Utah, Oregon, Colorado, Delaware (for just a few months) and Maryland. I'd always wanted to live in Utah, Oregon, Colorado and Maryland! Cool. Don't ask where else I want to live, it would depress my Mom, but wouldn't it be cool to live in a foreign country for just a little while?
  17. 1/2 way to 35, are you still reading? I love boxed Mac and Cheese. and cake mixes. And I'm fine with cheap chocolate.
  18. I like painted toe nails, even when it isn't sandal season.
  19. I love water. (drinking, I'm not a swimmer though.)
  20. I love to take pictures.
  21. I am a fabulous story teller. (humble too.)
  22. I watch most movies (even non action flicks) with my eyes covered the whole time. Anticipation kills me.
  23. I can't really carry a tune in a bucket. But I love to sing. Loudly.
  24. I like to wash dishes and fold clothes.
  25. I will read a book over and over and over again.
  26. I like cupcakes!
  27. I am the worlds worst cake decorator. I go so far as to dread taking pics of my kids blowing out the candles for fear of the cake being recorder for the kids to tease me about later.
  28. I love brand new socks and brand new garments.
  29. I love the smell of oranges. (Nutmeg and Orange Zest Scentsy!)
  30. I am a compulsive weather checker.
  31. I wear long johns all the time (not as much as Dave though, and only 1 pair at a time, not layers.)(Michael had on 3 layers of lj's 2 pairs of sweat pants, his Christmas pajamas and went to put on new jeans last night. I think that might define laziness in the clothing dept! )
  32. I'm also a compulsive Blog-checker. I'm not compulsive about anything else though. Hence, my really messy house.
  33. I struggle with routines.
  34. I have spent the past 12 years serving in one of 2 callings in the church. That is a lot of time in Primary! (counselor or chorister) I really love it though, I like to see my kids in action. Eve is a fireball in church. Who knew?
  35. I am loved and very very blessed.
Happy Birthday Me! :)

11 comments:

Sally said...

Happy Birthday! I love your thirty five facts - what a great idea. I agree - there's nothing better than sitting and holding a sleeping child! No guilt allowed!

Kerren said...

Wow! I loved that list! I can't say that anything there really surprised me, but I loved it all . . . and I'm so glad that you know you're loved. If there was an understatement listed there, it might be that you're a great storyteller, dancer, singer or lover of babies. I looked for photos yesterday so I could blog about you. Unfortunately, I just got lost in nostalgia and never blogged anything. Maybe later.
Happy Birthday to my "baby!"

Robin said...

Happy Birthday! You are an amazingly wonderful person. I read every single thing on that list and thought about how great you are! You are great!

I love you!

Lórien said...

Aw, Happy Birthday! I have to say we have so much in common. From traditions, to Primary callings, to the darn guacamole I figured out this last year - ohhh so yummy. And babies - yum :-) Anyway, I won't bore you with the rest - enjoy your day!!!

Sally said...

SIL Sally here.

This was a great post. I am catching up on all my fave blogs for the past week today, and this is my most favorite post of all because I love you and it is wonderful to learn new things about you.

Did you always check weather compulsively? I didn't start doing that until I lived in a rainy place as an adult. Then I became obsessive about it.

About guacamole--I didn't know I liked any mexican food until I was 25. Then when I realized that I love it, it was exciting. A whole new kind of cuisine to enjoy, which I do, frequently. I hope you get to enjoy lots of good guacamole in 2009. :)

Becky said...

One more thing I would like to add, you are a very, very good friend, you truly care. Happy Belated Birthday (I called and left you a message so it isn't really belated).

Kristen said...

I just got back in town and am reading my fav blogs. I think this list is wonderful - as are you! I'm sure if you were turning 100 there would be an easy list to compile for that too - because you are very interesting, fun, and vibrant!

Happy Birthday!

davers said...

36. The best wife and mother in the world.

smilesbig said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I know it was sent with those wonderful children and Husband.
Barbara Hess

Linda Austin Hart said...

I loved that list also, especially because I love you. Wow, so many layers of long johns that I'm certain you, Michael,and David have no adipose tissue or lipoblasts anywhere on your bodies.

Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke said...

I love guac, too. And i can't believe you've been in Primary--just 2 diff. callings for that long! Fun to read and learn about you.