Wednesday, February 25, 2009

That's Gisdusting.


I'm over winter. Done with it. Buh-bye.

I realized last week that I haven't washed my big kids coats lately. Possibly ever.

In my defense, I really only see the backs of those coats as they run to the bus, and the insides of them as they lay sprawled on my living room floor wishing to be hung up. But, the cuffs, the fronts of them? Eww. I tried to figure out how they got so dirty, then I saw them rubbing up against the van, walking with their hands dragging along the sides.... Eww.

That is GISDUSTING as Lily would tell me.

I've washed them all. Can't say they look a lot better, but I know they are. Kind of. Till tomorrow.

5 comments:

Linda Austin Hart said...

winter for more that one month IS disgusting!

Sally said...

Today when I told Benji that I needed to get my purse so we could go, he said "Mom, that's gisdusting!" just the exact same way as Lily says it.

Lily made sense. Benji, not so much.

Robin said...

So funny. Noah washed his coat this week and was thrilled! Just like a new coat! No more Gisdusting.

Anonymous said...

Believe me. . . I see at least 50 of these coats every day right outside my classroom door -- not to mention the other 700 all over school, and they're mostly on the verge of "gisdusting" if not even worse. Love that language. Love that darling girl! Grammie

Celestia said...

When I was little, I used to say, ''ASGUSTABLE'' My very own version of disgusting. tee hee hee