
well, I'm not sure what to call her. Our parents were married for a while, so I can call her sister right?
Picture this, I'm sitting down reading Christmas cards and I open a darling letter from her family. I read all about the adventures of her 5 young children, her busy husband and then, I read that in addition to raising 5 kids (twins in there), owning a dance studio and teaching dozens of dancers each year, serving in her church and the daily tasks of house and home she has written a book!
An actual book. I can't even write my grocery list.

I can't wait to have this in my hands. I am so proud of her! Not only does it take talent to write like this, but perseverance to get it out there! To become a published author. Wow!
You should read it too. I read the first chapter and cannot wait to get this in my hands. You can buy it on amazon.com or through her publisher here. I think my 10 year old will really be into it too, especially because Aunt Laura is an author!



7 comments:
I am so impressed! Look at that awesome cover! I'm sure the story is exciting! I CAN believe she did that. She is impressive! Melissa, you are too. You are such a reader, Lissa, you'll probably be able to give us a review soon! And as far as you not being a writer--- p-shaw!!! Just look at your awesome writing on your blogs! I love to read what you write! You have a wonderful way of making me laugh! And you are a sincere writer. Don't kid yourself! P.S. I don't think she minds us calling her our sister! -Amy
Is she your step sister? She totally looks like you but with auburn hair. She is very pretty! I will have to buy it! I am impressed- what an accomplished lady!
What a lovely post, Melissa! Laura is just as amazing as you describe! From a very young age when we first met, she had depth and determination to achieve her dreams. She has so many talents that enrich not only her life, but the lives of all who get to know her. She even makes others believe that they can accomplish greatness. This venture as an author is yet another amazing side of a very wonderful person. One of the things that I love most about her is her ability to love others despite the disappointments that occur. She never gives up on others! Best wishes to her and her darling family!
She does look like you. And sounds very impressive (as I think you are). Both of my sisters are published illustrators so I can understand. My older brother has a published book, but it's not one I would ever read (it's on Korean history). I'll have to look into her book, that is just neat.
In fact I feel a bit left out. I'm the only one in my family who did not graduate from college and doesn't have my work published somewhere. Someday I'll write my story (or at least that's what I tell myself). Right now I am doing great if I manage to do the dishes AND the laundry.
Nice job Melissa! We can't wait to get our copy of Laura's book! You should definitely write a book too --someday! You are a fantastic writer! I love your insights on everything and I know you have great stories to tell!
wow, that is pretty cool!
Post a Comment