
In September, Michael could barely hold the trombone. I wish I had made video of that first night, but you can imagine, the sound of pathetic fog horn mixed with howls of laughter... and sobs from Henry. It took months before he got "unafraid" of that trombone! Now he loves it...

Last night was the Band and Chorus concert at the school. Wow! It was so fun! My mind flooded with memories of "Monday Night Jazz" at Meridian High School and concerts at Lowell Scott.
My apologies to all the faces. I try for that whole anonymity thing, but it doesn't work so well in this setting! Two things of note, before I zoom in, check out the black legs just a swinging for all the world on the back row, trombone section! Cute! The other... the 12 year old boy inching in front of me. I kindly said, "Could you please sit down the people behind you can't see?" (We were all on the floor, he was standing in front of an elderly woman and others sitting on hard earned-early arriver chairs and the rest of us...) He said "No. I can't." I'm sure my look said it all. Befuddled, confused, amazed at his audacity, "You can't?" I sputtered, "as in your legs don't bend?" (I just thought that part, I was honestly wondering if "can't" was a physical impairment!). He plopped quickly down.



11 comments:
I love it, Melissa! Of course, you know I am a complete school band fan. They sounds really good for that age! CUTE
Hooray for you Michael! Wow . . .that is amazing progress for such a short time with your trombone! I would LOVE to have been there in the audience, but isn't it just amazing to be able to share it this way? Thank you for making it happen! Keep up the good work! Practice (and a Mercedes instrument) sure pays off!
Love you all!
P.S. I suggest you find your band teacher's e-mail address and see about forwarding this post to him. I think he would be very happy to hear about your satisfaction - even if he's been at it for years. Appreciation is such a boost!
They sound really good! I have been to so many band concerts and I love them all! They are so much fun and there is so much to watch and enjoy. Yay for Michael!
VERY IMPRESSIVE!!! Good job Michael!
Way to go Michael! I didn't know he was playing trombone. How wonderful and fun!
Wow! Great music! I sure wish we could have been there! I love school concerts! We are going to an orchestra one tonight! Thanks for sharing!
Yeah for you Michael!!! We loved hearing your song! Did you play others? Do you think you'll keep playing? Making music is awesome!
Melissa & Dave, yeah for you too!!! You do such great parenting! I think it's so cute that Henry was afraid of the instrument! Sometime's I've wished my toddlers were afraid of the all-too-fragile instruments here!
No way would I want to teach band. aach! all the noise!
This teacher deserves a medal for teaching such a large group and for such good music! It seems like I've been to several band 7 orchestra practices & performances, but wow! This is the best I've heard! And Mike (he told me he likes to be called Mike) isnd chair! way to go!
Michael and Rocky could do a duet!
typo. I mean 2nd chair.
2 things. I want to send these movies to Uncle Will, and what 12 yr old boy?
Love, Michael
Post a Comment